Ward to the league...or maybe not...who the **** knows...but seriously...what the **** else better do you have to do?

I’ve posted this the last couple days. They’re still in talks. The Albany kid is an insurance policy for Ward and Taulia.
"still in talks". Does that just mean Ward's are negotiating for even more? And will actually come if we hit a certain number? What else is there to talk about at this point...Or are the Wards just a total mess going back and forth?

Advertisement
Carl Reed from 247 Sports just said on their Portal Show that Ward is asking too much for NIL deal. Anyone think Mario matched the offer and now he is reconsidering??
Or…. Or….. Mario is playing Poker, called Ward’s bluff, forcing him to declare knowing full well, that he ain’t ready for pro ball. Ward, knowing this…don’t sign with an agent,… and therefore he calls Mario back and tempers his asking price. Coming down into range where we began talking again.

I'm as down as most with how this qb situation has panned out

with that being said, portal shopping is technically still recruiting, and as long as it's not technically over, I still am a firm believer that Mario can work wonders

until he hires an agent, we can still get the job done. seal the deal and let's move onto 2024

It's clear they just want more money and he actually doesn't want to go pro.

This is Calvin Ward's recruitment, not Cam's lmao
Its what I'm honestly thinking now dad just sitting by phone waiting on Mario to crumble and offer the big desperate 💰 to cam ! I wish lil tua can get his waiver and go ahead in lock him up instead of cam at this point . Tua might actually be better fit

Advertisement
I’ve posted this the last couple days. They’re still in talks. The Albany kid is an insurance policy for Ward and Taulia.
Why on gods green earth would Mario even want someone he can’t trust at this point

"still in talks". Does that just mean Ward's are negotiating for even more? And will actually come if we hit a certain number? What else is there to talk about at this point...Or are the Wards just a total mess going back and forth?
$35M would likely do it

Advertisement
Unreal. They’ve walked away twice and we’re still talking to them?

If the kid really wants to come back to school (and I’m not saying that he does) he’s going to start losing leverage here real quick.
All the other high end options are off the board. His leverage is as strong as it’s ever been. We’re sitting here talking about a ******* FCS option or a prayer that the NCAA does something unprecedented.

And Michigan still needs a replacement for McCarthy, and I doubt USC’s preference would be to go into next year with just Moss, so it’s not like we’re the only team that could still throw him a bag.

Can you imagine car shopping with Mario?
IMG_9222.gif

Advertisement
From everything that’s been said, the assumption I make is this.

Ward & Miami agreed on X amount of money and he was going to be a Cane.

Well that agreement was based on a draft grade in the range of 5-7. Then something neither expected happened, his draft grade (whether you agree or not) came back as a day 2 grade.

The signing bonus + contract (as a day 2/early day 3) is now significantly higher than the amount his side & Miami agreed on. I think he was expecting (as was UM) to be a Cane next year, and if he’s still communicating it’s clear he wants to be…. Just needs to make sure it’s the most compensated decision.

Advertisement

Well that agreement was based on a draft grade in the range of 5-7. Then something neither expected happened, his draft grade (whether you agree or not) came back as a day 2 grade.

The signing bonus + contract (as a day 2/early day 3) is now significantly higher than the amount his side & Miami agreed on. I think he was expecting (as was UM) to be a Cane next year, and if he’s still communicating it’s clear he wants to be…. Just needs to make sure it’s the most compensated decision.
Who knows? All I know is the people saying round 5 or later for him are misguided. I’ve heard 3rd at worst but who knows?

What's the source his grade came back 2nd? And if he believes so why is he still fuccin with Miami and not getting ready for the combine?

What's the source his grade came back 2nd? And if he believes so why is he still fuccin with Miami and not getting ready for the combine?
No way 2nd but 3-5 for sure. PFF has him as the 11th best QB in the class with Joe Milton, Jordan Travis, Sam Hartman and Spencer Rattler in front of him so realistically he is anywhere from the 7th best QB to the 11th best QB on the board.

Advertisement
Back