Want to get back to being relevant

OilCaneBoy

Sophomore
Watching this weekends games sucked. IMO, our skill players can compete at higher level, (if properly coached) The U needs some true nasties on the DL & OL to be at par with OU, CLEM, OSU, LSU. Man, I want The U to be dominant again.

Advertisement
1575820538110.gif

Its starts with the oline then our qb , we havent had a real qb since ken dorsey ,

You know what I saw this weekend from championship games that we lack? Effort. These teams ALL play harder than us. They all fought way harder for extra yards, to get open, or to get off blocks. They all played like every snap was their last. We, on the other hand, play every snap like we want the play to be over. We go through the motions. We look disinterested, play after play. Week after week. No heart, no fire.

Good coaching brings out max effort. We have a really, really bad coaching staff that relies on players being self starters. That will never work here.

Advertisement
Joe Burrow played great in part because he had multiple chances to nap behind that offensive line during plays.

We have got to fix that part of our team if we are going to ever compete again, regardless of who the coach is.

Starts with coaching and great line play. Then QB and scheme. We have none of the above

Advertisement
Our skill guys do not have the ceiling of LSU, Clemson, or OSU (I mean did you see them?) but we certainly could be better than the other teams that played. Doubt we could attract that type of talent in the trenches though

Get a better HC. It's not money, bags, or facilities. If it was any of those problems, then at least one of the failed coaches would have eventually received another chance at another P5 school. Les Miles got fired from LSU. Now back coaching a P5. Mario Cristobal flopped at FIU. Then spends a couple years as a coordinator and ends up winning the PAC12 as Oregon HC. The only coach who ended up as a HC again was Larry Coker, who isn't coaching anymore. Al Golden, Randy Shannon, Larry Coker- none given another shot at being a P5 HC again (not counting Shannon as interim coach at UF after firing the HC). When Miami won championships, it was behind in all the high dollar areas, but still managed to win with top recruiting and excellent coaches. Diaz is yet another who will end up on the scrap heap.

Advertisement
Trevor Lawrence
Justin Fields
Joe Burrow

That's the best available quick fix and jumpstart. I used the Tajh Boyd example last night regarding how he elevated Clemson from mediocrity.

Two of those three guys on your list transferred. Our transfer is Tate Martell. That's kind of symbolic toward where we are in terms of personnel and also decision making.

You left out Jalen Hurts for some reason. I seem to remember he's not at his original school either.

Advertisement
Back