Walton over Yearby

To be honest I would like to see what Homer can do... Why do we use him only on special teams, and whats funny is that teams always kick it to Lewis for some strange reason. You would think they would at least switch up

Advertisement
It's obvious to everyone but our coaches.

And do we ever motion a RB out into the slot and give a 5 wide look. Yearby could be deadly underneath coverage. He could probably do better what berrios is supposed to do in the slot.

I dunno - the whole offense is dysfunctional. Richt needs to get his OL, his power backs, and his QB before he can start to turn things around.

Walton is like they pulled a super athletic guy out of the stands who has never played football and put some pads on him. No vision, no instinct, he's not a football player.

Yearby is very much a football player, has good vision but he's limited athletically. Clearly he's better than walton.

However, I'd love to see homer get a look. He looks to be quite the athlete and theres no way his football instincts are as bad as waltons. It would be like lightning striking the same spot twice.

As I said last year, we know what we've got on Walton and it isn't that special but some tried to sell him as elite. Yearby is clearly the better back but limited due to speed. I've said it time and again, running back is the one position you know almost immediately what you've got from the beginning.

What I don't underatand is why they don't play Homer there. In guessing he's horrible in his blitz assignments, but it's not like anyone else is great there either. Forget Gus, we already know what he brings to the table. Our fullback that transfered, he's probably trying to figure out why the **** he came here.

Advertisement
Walton is a scrub and always has been. The only way that dude would have success. Would be behind Bama OL or a schedule littered with FAMU type games.

Yearby should've never lost his lead role. He doesn't have top end speed but if there is a lane, you can count on positive yards.

It's literally like Walton runs with his eyes closed, **** I say give Homer some carries, can't be any worse.

The only ones with worse vision than Walton are Richt and Thomas Brown. They've been reading the depth chart upside down all year.

The proper depth chart remains 1) Gus 2) Yearby 3) Walton

This is the one thing golden had correct

Advertisement
Walton was horrible at pass blocking tonight - gave up 2 sacks

I was about to defend Walton because he is a decent pass blocker...but if what you say is true then not much left to defend Walton on.

His vision at the line of scrimmage is below average. You cannot ignore his 3.5 rush avr last year with 100+ carries while Yearby was around 5 with the same OL.

Walton is like they pulled a super athletic guy out of the stands who has never played football and put some pads on him. No vision, no instinct, he's not a football player.

Yearby is very much a football player, has good vision but he's limited athletically. Clearly he's better than walton.

However, I'd love to see homer get a look. He looks to be quite the athlete and theres no way his football instincts are as bad as waltons. It would be like lightning striking the same spot twice.

So you're saying he's Jamal Carter in RB form?

Walton was horrible at pass blocking tonight - gave up 2 sacks

I was about to defend Walton because he is a decent pass blocker...but if what you say is true then not much left to defend Walton on.

His vision at the line of scrimmage is below average. You cannot ignore his 3.5 rush avr last year with 100+ carries while Yearby was around 5 with the same OL.

The guy runs into his olinemen more than defenders. I like how he seeks contact but seek it from the other team

Advertisement
I've been saying this since early LAST season and Cane fans gave me the stank eye.

Walton is not a good RB - not at all

Walton is the type of RB that would have 10+ long TD runs per season with a good OL. Yearby is a better fit otherwise.

Advertisement
Back