Walton/Homer

AmherstCane

Recruit
Why did we play three quarters without a running back?

When healthy, there aren’t enough superlatives to adequately describe Walton.

But Walton was running at 10% tonight - at BEST.

Homer had 3 carries for 29 yards.

We just can’t afford to continue to try to ride an injured Walton. It’s not fair to him, Homer, or the rest of the team.

Otherwise - we just beat FSU at FSU with a gimp RB who ran for 25 yards on 12 carries. That’s WOW.

Advertisement

We just can’t afford to continue to try to ride an injured Walton. It’s not fair to him, Homer, or the rest of the team.

Otherwise - we just beat FSU at FSU with a gimp RB who ran for 25 yards on 12 carries. That’s WOW.

Agreed on all of this.

Walton is hurt, ineffective against such a stout front seven. Instead of abandoning the run, we should have abandoned Walton. Gone with Homer early. The result may have been the same, and we may have had to bail to the pass, but I suspect it would have allowed us to be more balanced and effective.

Let this dude heal up and be effective for us in a couple of weeks.

But let me also stress,

WE JUST BEAT FSU @ FSU!

WE BROKE THE STREAK.

**** IT ALL.

DRINK IT ALL.

I'd like to rest Walton these next 2 weeks against GTech and Cuse and maybe UNC as well. Not fair to his draft stock to have him out there like that. If we can't beat those 2 with Homer/Choc/Burns/Thomas we got bigger issues. Walton is a competitor but he needs to rehab this and take care of his family

I agree. Walton is my favorite current player but he shouldn’t have played today. If any then maybe a decoy here and there. All the reasons he’s one of our favorites is why he shouldn’t have been out there. We know **** well he’ll go until he just can’t. Homer isn’t the complete back Walton is but he’s either just as explosive or maybe more so IMO

Advertisement

omg, really?? where are you getting the % numbers... So on different post, I have seen , 10%, 25% and 80%.. absolutely none of the posters know his condition. While I agree that Homer was a better option for must of the game, someone smarter than all the posters on this board didn't think that way. There are about 8 people on the board that have excellant knowledge of football, the the rest are opinions with no legitimate background in football.

Walton been hurt, hurt different ankle this time. Looked bad. Want update

Comparing Homer's runs, they were during passing situations against prevent defense, so take them with grain of salt. He is going to be very good though.

Expect him to start next week. Hope he doesn't end up having to start for the rest of the season though.

Even without Walton's injury, Homer has more than earned more carries. Walton needs to rest until he's healthy, and Homer needs to be getting the ball.

I didn’t understand it either. It’s not like Homer is some 4th string scrub. He can legitimately run. I guess Walton is a better blocker but at some point you still need to run the ball and Walton was struggling. It’s obvious he’s not 100%.

Advertisement
At this point I would sit Walton for the next three weeks so he can get healthy. If Homer plays like he did in the 2nd half today we can get by GT, Cuse, and UNC without Mark. We need him to be himself for Virginia Tech and Notre Dame.

I'm wondering if it's a pass protection issue? Just speculating but I know Waltons protection is nice.... Didn't really see it all that much with Homer, I may be wrong tho.... Still think Homer needs more run

Deejay Dallas won't be getting any WR reps anytime soon. He'll be a good option as well.

He couldn't even get it up over 1st gear. Painful to watch.

Had to be a pass pro issue otherwise it made no sense.

Advertisement

omg, really?? where are you getting the % numbers... So on different post, I have seen , 10%, 25% and 80%.. absolutely none of the posters know his condition. While I agree that Homer was a better option for must of the game, someone smarter than all the posters on this board didn't think that way. There are about 8 people on the board that have excellant knowledge of football, the the rest are opinions with no legitimate background in football.

omg reeaaallllyyyyy?!! Open your eyes. Walton could barely plant his left foot to change direction, he couldn’t accelerate, and it was almost painful to watch him try to bounce a run outside.

Walton is a pass pro beast, yes... but he was not a credible threat to run the ball tonight.

Thankfully, Homer didn’t blow a protection during the last two drives - at least that I saw.

Bottom line - Malik won the game with not even a credible threat of a ground game until Homer saw the field.

omg reeaaallllyyyyy?!! Open your eyes. Walton could barely plant his left foot to change direction, he couldn’t accelerate, and it was almost painful to watch him try to bounce a run outside.

Walton is a pass pro beast, yes... but he was not a credible threat to run the ball tonight.

Thankfully, Homer didn’t blow a protection during the last two drives - at least that I saw.

Bottom line - Malik won the game with not even a credible threat of a ground game until Homer saw the field.

Rosier was the credible threat of a ground game. That was an L with Kaaya the statue at QB.

First of all this was a great victory and well deserved. I thought CMR picked up his game calling in the second half but as a head coach I think he was completely BRAIN DEAD not putting Home in replacing Walton. It was very obvious Walton was hurting and CMR should have recognized this after the first few minutes. Kudos to the Canes and the GT game is going to going to be electric. GO CANES!

Advertisement
That's 2nd game in a row where we underutilized homer. Coaches need to wake the f@ck up!!!! The kid can play and needs to be involved. His north and south one cut running style is an excellent compliment to Walton's elusivness. Unfortunately, due to coaches force feeding Walton on a bad ankle, we may be forced to see more homer. Maybe we get a look at Burns next game too.

Walton should sit all week this week to get healthy and not play the game either

1. Did Richt leave a very gimpy Walton in last week up by 3 scores late in the game for pass protection? Of course not. The man just loves playing Walton.
2. This notion that Walton could have made those runs on the last drive is incorrect. On those runs Homer used his speed to get outside and get around a defender in the open field. 0% chance Walton could have done that in his condition.

Advertisement
Back