Walker vs Brown Tonight

Advertisement
Nice story by Michelle Kaufman

“I was watching that game and was excited for him to get that opportunity on the biggest platform, and I was I super motivated, like, `I’ve got to do the same.’” Brown said. “It’s going to be super exciting going against him. I’m definitely going to dab him up and congratulate him, but I’m telling him I’m coming at his neck.”

Walker said: “We’re like brothers. Once a Cane always a Cane. It’s surreal to say the least to be in the playoffs against Bruce. Our energy transfers to each other. It’s a blessing. Everything is coming full circle. Davon Reed was with the Nuggets and the Lakers, and he’s the one who recruited me to go to Miami and for him to be with me in L.A. at the beginning of this season was another full circle moment.”

The UM coach was so sure Brown had what it took to make the NBA that he did not let him play in the 2018 NCAA Tournament, even though doctors had cleared him. Brown injured his foot that January, missed a dozen games and was dying to play against Loyola-Chicago in the first-round game. Larranaga refused. Miami lost 64-62. “I remember thinking, `If Bruce had stayed healthy, we would have been in the Final Four that year,’’’ Larranaga said.

Walker agreed. “We had so much power offensively and so much going defensively. We were a **** of a team.” Although that loss still stings, Larranaga and Brown agree holding him out was the right decision. “Bruce wanted to play but hadn’t practiced in two months and the fifth metatarsal is very easy to break again if you don’t rehab and get stronger slowly,” Larranaga said. “I told him `You’re not playing, you need to slowly start getting back into shape so when you get to NBA Combine, you’ll be ready to show everybody how good you are’.
And he has.”

Brown said looking back, he was not ready to play. “If I had played in that game, anything could have happened, and I wouldn’t be in the position I am in today,” he said. “I owe Coach L a lot and that speaks to him as a person. A lot of coaches wouldn’t do what he did for me.”

Walker and Brown left for the pros early, but both benefited greatly from their time under Larranaga, who is known for developing players. They stay in touch with him and have formed a brotherhood with current Hurricanes. Brown took the team to dinner last summer. He and Walker were thrilled to see the Canes in the Final Four. “I love Coach L to death and to see him accomplish what he did was amazing,” Walker said.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...e-kaufman/article275407791.html#storylink=cpy

Brown is COOKING Dlo.. Lol.. He is ballin in first half.. Probably has more that Reaves, Dlo and Dennis combined..

Advertisement
Advertisement
I feel like I probably don’t want to know
I can barely recognize that as Bruce. Nothing else makes sense. I’ve given up recognizes twitter names. I think the first image is from instagram. Someone with a cat (?) avi. They’re clapping.

None of it makes sense.

Advertisement
They were the favorites going into series and the odds have only gone up, lol.. Joker is 2 times mvp and was dam near 3 times, what are these people talking about.. They must watch too much espn who has the tv rights and has to drum up interest or something

Advertisement
Brown played a great game again. Game best +16.
12 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 0 turnovers, 5/11 from field, 2/4 from 3. He was also great defensively. He’s as good of a glue guy as there is in the NBA right now.

On the other hand, Walker has been a non factor so far in this series.

The UM coach was so sure Brown had what it took to make the NBA that he did not let him play in the 2018 NCAA Tournament, even though doctors had cleared him. Brown injured his foot that January, missed a dozen games and was dying to play against Loyola-Chicago in the first-round game. Larranaga refused. Miami lost 64-62. “I remember thinking, `If Bruce had stayed healthy, we would have been in the Final Four that year,’’’ Larranaga said.

Walker agreed. “We had so much power offensively and so much going defensively. We were a **** of a team.”
That team is the ultimate What could’ve been!
They could’ve made a lot of noise in the tournament but they came in unhealthy and faced Cinderella Loyola in the 1st round.

I think we probably would’ve faced Villanova in the finale!!

Advertisement
Back