Walker, Dummerville, Martinez, Denis

Advertisement
You're mostly right. For whatever reason we didn't want Denis, not the other way around. Martinez we have a shot with if LSU upgrades at the position and push him out.

The best 2 I doubt ever wanted to come. Walker public said that UF was his leader either right before the first game or right afterwards. Dumervil 🤣🤣🤣 showed interest as a sophomore I believe. None since then.

Advertisement
Denis is not a very quality ol prospect. His frame is weirdly small and he likely can only play center here. However walker and Dummerville are big misses. No way to spin it. Just move on

and Tate for 2021

5 high end D1 OL in Miami's back yard and Diaz and crew will land exactly none of them :p1jubcjtel7jd.jpg:

Skill players in S Fl will always be available for Miami, not often you get this namy top notch OL available
Rumor is Mannys not even going after them. He heard we had no shot, but him and Barry are following a couple of 21’ kids committed to App State😳

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dont care. Could be busts, could be great. Will reiterate that Rosseau was a 3 star and our most reliable WR is a transfer from the University of Buffalo. Miami can do well in the transfer market on a lot of positions...
EXCEPT OL. You don't normally find good ones transferring. Have to grow those in house.

I actually like how Barry is recruiting OL. 5 stars are bought and paid for already. Doesn't matter if Miami had a 10 win season, those 5 star OL aren't turning down bags.

Advertisement
Our coaches need to get a roster of My 600 pound life and call all their college-eligible male relatives. No more South Florida divas! Don't just build those trenches nationally, build them on national tv!

Dont care. Could be busts, could be great. Will reiterate that Rosseau was a 3 star and our most reliable WR is a transfer from the University of Buffalo. Miami can do well in the transfer market on a lot of positions...
EXCEPT OL. You don't normally find good ones transferring. Have to grow those in house.

I actually like how Barry is recruiting OL. 5 stars are bought and paid for already. Doesn't matter if Miami had a 10 win season, those 5 star OL aren't turning down bags.
I'm 100% down for Manny hitting portal hard every year. This staff will never get elite classes right out of HS. You are highly exaggerating how many 5* OL's there are every year though. There's plenty of blue chip kids out there ranked in the top 500 players in the nation.

Theres only like 32 5* kids total for every position in the country. Means a legit handful are Olineman at most. Kids like Martinez, Denis and Walker aren't getting bought and paid for. Just poor recruiting from the staff. Scaife, Donaldson and Reed were all fairly sought after blue chip kids the previous staff identified and secured. Decent shot they would have got Evan Neal as well if it wasn't for that abomination of a season. Did Searels use bags?

Rosseau being a 3* is misleading. He's basically becoming the modern day "Ed Reed was a 2*" nonsense. Greg was a skinny 6'6 athlete who basically played every position on the field. Kinda hard for any recruiting service to assess what he would become as a DE with almost no film.

I'm 100% down for Manny hitting portal hard every year. This staff will never get elite classes right out of HS. You are highly exaggerating how many 5* OL's there are every year though. There's plenty of blue chip kids out there ranked in the top 500 players in the nation.

Theres only like 32 5* kids total for every position in the country. Means a legit handful are Olineman at most. Kids like Martinez, Denis and Walker aren't getting bought and paid for. Just poor recruiting from the staff. Scaife, Donaldson and Reed were all fairly sought after blue chip kids the previous staff identified and secured. Decent shot they would have got Evan Neal as well if it wasn't for that abomination of a season. Did Searels use bags?

Rosseau being a 3* is misleading. He's basically becoming the modern day "Ed Reed was a 2*" nonsense. Greg was a skinny 6'6 athlete who basically played every position on the field. Kinda hard for any recruiting service to assess what he would become as a DE with almost no film.

So you agree that there are excellent players that recruiting services overlook because they don't have film. Why are you obsessed with the recruiting rankings? Miami has a staff that evaluates recruits too. They might not like who the services like. For example- there might be a 4 star CB and a 3 star WR who Miami projects as a CB. WR has little to no film as a CB. Rumph wants the WR because he thinks he has more to work with. Rumph has earned the benefit of the doubt as he is excellent at developing players.

I think Zion Nelson is going to be an outstanding tackle. He was 2 star. Ideally you redshirt a guy like him but Searles had done such a poor job that Nelson had to start as a true freshman. The bright side of his early struggles are that he seems to have taken huge strides in the latter part of the season. He will settle that LT position so now Barry has the luxury of getting more Nelsons and giving them a RS.

90% of the board complains that Miami shouldn't let itself be treated like a recruiter's 2nd or 3rd option. So that's exactly what Diaz is fixing. If Miami thinks it is getting played, they are cutting bait early and moving to other options. Would you rather have Miami kissing a recruit's *** only to see him throw the U on the floor after playing the hat game? Miami has to establish that it wont be treated like a doormat, especially by local recruits. That's what is happening now. If it means that some local kids who the recruiting services like are told, "Sorry, we're not letting you play us. Have a nice day." Then so be it.

Advertisement
Back