Walk On?? Crispian Atkins 2015 RB Durant High School

plantcity3

Senior
Looking at the list of athletes from the Bay Area that signed on NSD, I see RB Crispin Atkins will walk on...
http://tbo.com/sports/preps/signing-day-list-of-tampa-tribune-area-athletes-20150204/?page=1

If so, he is a good pick up. I have been to about 75 percent of his games since his sophomore year because I have cousins on the team in the same class. He breaks arm tackles and is a tough runner. A one cut type of back. Small at about 5'9 and not very fast. Not saying he would be a major contributor but he is a good RB.

Highlights
http://youtu.be/ryDGy2paL5w

Advertisement
Not bad for a kid that's walking on to the team. Strong runner. How much does he weigh?Possible future FB candidate?

Advertisement
We miss on 3 of the 4 running backs and it comes down to walk ons .

Dude, we're not supposed to focus on what we didn't get, and focus on the kids we did get! Ok?
Did I phrase that right?! Thanks Al and staph.

We miss on 3 of the 4 running backs and it comes down to walk ons .

There are walk-on's on every team ever year. They are the guys that work their asses off on the scout team. It's not like this guy is a back-up option for Dexter Williams. That thought is asinine. That doesn't mean we can't be happy to get a good walk-on kid. At the very least he makes the defense better, and if we are lucky he might even surprise us and contribute on the field.

Not bad for a kid that's walking on to the team. Strong runner. How much does he weigh?Possible future FB candidate?
His Hudl has him at 190 but I doubt he is less then 200. I would say somewhere between 205-215. Not very muscular or ripped but he is solid and well put together. Besides his height, he passes the eye test.
What do you know about Durant....I went there my freshman year.

Advertisement
Kid plays like a football player, doesn't dance makes nice cuts and does not go down on first contact. He could gain a lot of yards behind a decent line. I

His Hudl has him at 190 but I doubt he is less then 200. I would say somewhere between 205-215. Not very muscular or ripped but he is solid and well put together. Besides his height, he passes the eye test.

Played there my senior year! C/O of 05' ! Cougar pride.

Chip Bowden was a jr your sr year?

Chip Bowden was a jr your sr year?
Yup. Played with Mat Stwan, Mark Hughes, Frank D'Amico. Stwan could have played big time D1 somewhere. What a shame.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders were walk ons too. Stop hating. This dude could be another D' Andre whatever his name is who walked on here at RB a couple years ago.

Advertisement
Back