Wakes replacement

Advertisement
Literally everyone thinks Cincy and BYU belong in the top 25 lol the media, the coaches, the analytics, the smart money in Vegas. They are both obviously among the 25 best teams in America.

And the second part of your post is equally ludicrous. I don't think a win over Wake Forest has ever given a team credibility lol.
My mistake, I meant top 10. Not sure what happened there.

Agreed a win against WF wouldn’t impact our credibility nationally but I think it was a good test for our team. Wake is actually an impressive team. Not a program changer but a solid competitor.

Advertisement
Wake is 4-3 and is Wake Forest. There is nothing to be gained by beating Wake Forest. No one is gonna say "oh wow look at that top 10 Miami beat Wake Forest on the road". It holds the same level of credibility of beating Duke for pundits and more importantly recruits. It might help your internal "Does Diaz suck" formula but it means nothing in terms of the macro view of the program. We didn't beat anyone of substance in Richt's first year either until the bowl game against an outmatched West Virginia team. Helped get the 15 game winning streak going and helped recruiting. @Liberty City El has painted the picture perfectly for everyone. Win as many games as you can against whoever. Even if its the dregs of the ACC. Then go win a New Year's Six bowl game. Recruit. Then try to stack another 10 win season on it next year. Recruit. Then see where you are.
I agree Miami needs to win for the future. Been saying that for a month now. The schedule is what it is and hopefully we can beat someone credible in the Bowl to solidify the direction of the program.

WF would have been a better test for our team than Duke. Hence, why I say Diaz got lucky again. I expected WF to give us serious fits. Duke not so much.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter. We beat the team that was ranked 18th. If you want to find flaws, it's not difficult, but give credit where it's due.
It does matter. They have lost 4-5 games and had no business being ranked. They are a perfect example as to why early polls are moronic.

Advertisement
It does matter. They have lost 4-5 games and had no business being ranked. They are a perfect example as to why early polls are moronic.
Yes, the early polls are moronic, but that's a separate issue.

Would they have been ranked if the Big 10 and Pac 12 were playing? Almost certainly they wouldn't. But we did beat the 18th ranked team in week 2 in the most fvcked up season ever. That and a quarter will get you an operator on a pay phone.

I agree Miami needs to win for the future. Been saying that for a month now. The schedule is what it is and hopefully we can beat someone credible in the Bowl to solidify the direction of the program

WF would have been a better test for our team than Duke. Hence, why I say Diaz got lucky again. I expected WF to give us serious fits. Duke not so much.
Definitely agree with this

Advertisement
Yes, the early polls are moronic, but that's a separate issue.

Would they have been ranked if the Big 10 and Pac 12 were playing? Almost certainly they wouldn't. But we did beat the 18th ranked team in week 2 in the most fvcked up season ever. That and a quarter will get you an operator on a pay phone.

They were bad the past two years too. But yeah, we should beat them... probably will be sloppy as others have predicted (if the rumor is tru)
Ive never been fan of rankings till middle October. All that Sec bias and media folks that don't know football

My mistake, I meant top 10. Not sure what happened there.

Agreed a win against WF wouldn’t impact our credibility nationally but I think it was a good test for our team. Wake is actually an impressive team. Not a program changer but a solid competitor.
I am an old school Cane fan so I really hate to say this but I really only care about this year in so much as how it effects our 21 recruiting class and beyond. We have program changing athletes due to join our team and we cannot afford to lose any of our top recruits. At this point, we should be ecstatic that we are 7-1. Our top kids seem very excited to join us. But, let’s make no mistake, we simply don’t have a team built to compete against the big boys this year. I am not worried about playoffs and stuff like that. At this point, I just want us to win as many games as we can going forward and keep our class in tact (add a few upgrades). If adding a Duke win (we hope) to our schedule helps us along then so be it. I really don’t care about proving ourselves against teams like Cincy, BYU or even UCF whom will come in highly motivated. Personally, I do believe we have the talent to beat them. My concern is we lack the killer instinct (and preparation) to destroy these type of teams.

Definitely agree with this
Wake is just as inconsistent as NC State and Vag Tech. That game against Wake could fall anywhere between the low scoring Virginia game, the middle of the road Tech game and the high scoring NC State game. All 3 or more loss teams. I’m confident we would beat Wake regardless. We just need to keep winning regardless of the opponent. Piling up wins matters.

Advertisement
Back