Wake up CanesInsight !!! Canes's R Back

1. CB Play; need to see Ivey play better than last year & really really wanna see Couch & Williams get reps.

2. The LB's; they're finally healthy & we got about 7-8 guys who can go, I wanna see gap integrity & consistent tackling, wrap the fck up.

3. Safeties; Gurvan Hall has been slept on all offseason, most of the fanbase think Bubba is the best, but I've been saying & will continue to say that Gurvan is without doubt our best Safety. Also looking forward to my familia Amari shutting everyone up this season, he's always getting talked down on but AC5 will have his best season this year.

4. Mark Pope; The most hated on player on the team... Make your reservations now, a lot of yall will be getting full servings of Crow, multiple plates. Restaurant packed.

5. Larry Hodges; he can be a very versatile secret weapon in this offense, especially in the Redzone, Lashlee loves using his H-back & Hodges fits that role perfectly, he's gonna be a surprise productive player for us this year.

6. Jahfari Harvey; Ye Mighty Lion shall reign!

7. Dee Wiggins, Jeremiah Payton, Michael Redding & Keyshawn Smith; I think all 4 of these guys are going to be playmakers & give us very good depth at WR.

8. John Campbell & Jarrid Williams; Campbell will play his best Football this year & anchor down that LT spot & adding Jarrid made our OL a lot stronger on the outside & we will see an improved pass protection & better run game overall.

9. Don Chaney Jr; He will breakout as a tough runner with good balance & vision & will solidify himself as the RB2.

10. Jared Harrison-Hunte; Looking for him to have a breakout year as well, I think he'll be a good rotational 3-tech.
Chaney over Knighton? Why LCE...why???

Advertisement
I don't know if we are back but I have a very good feelin' we can make a good run.

Better than '17.

Where is the prediction thread, one usually pops up around this time.

I want to see our side of the scoreboard consistently be greater than our opponent's side of the scoreboard at the end of 4 quarters. I'm a greedy *******.

I guess Manny is out of the dog house.

Last season, I was in a continuous state of ****ed off. Manny seemed to talk a lot of **** - and that didn't make things any better.

BUT. He was decisive, made serious changes - addressed EVERY shortcoming from last season - and our team seems to have bought in.

All in.

Now - we appear to have a style of offense and defense that excites UM players - and they've put in a lot of work. A lot of work.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!

Advertisement
Chaney over Knighton? Why LCE...why???
He been very firm on that from the start IIRC. Knighton was my favorite recruit last cycle and I think he will be 2A while Chaney is 2B.

Everyone has their biases if they’re from either Dade or Broward, myself included.

I think that Knighton has the more immediate impact due to his perfect fit for the offense, but Chaney is most definitely not getting the love he deserves and LCE will be saying “I told you so” once Chaney inevitably starts eating.

For the time being, Grunt! Don't kid yourself. The slurper slingers are laying in the cut with baited breath. I'm hoping they eat crow and Manny gets to 10 wins. Even then. Some folks on here won't be happy. You know the drill.

Go Canes!!!!!
Well optimism is a good thing... last season hurt real bad, and my (our) optimism early on didn't amount to Jack. Seeings that our offense got a big overhaul is promising... and if the D tackles and reads the offense like hawks, Manny will get redemption, and so will the U.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Because I think he's a better more complete back & I don't ride bandwagons...

I felt he was better coming out of HS & I'm sticking with that until proven otherwise.

I like Knighton & think he will be a very good explosive weapon for us, but I just think Chaney will be the RB.
2B576AA2-8D60-4A72-8B27-795DF46F6A98.gif

Because I think he's a better more complete back & I don't ride bandwagons...

I felt he was better coming out of HS & I'm sticking with that until proven otherwise.

I like Knighton & think he will be a very good explosive weapon for us, but I just think Chaney will be the RB.

Knighton is the trendy pick, and don’t get me wrong, I think he’s going to be very very good for us. Super fast.

But how often do you get a combination of size, speed, strength, and overall football playing ability than you do with Cheney? Not often. That’s why I totally agree with you.

Advertisement
Is Blake Manny's Coach Dognuts? Really? I had to stop right there. Manny could hire me and the D would be better than what we had when that No D F'er was here.

Knighton is the trendy pick, and don’t get me wrong, I think he’s going to be very very good for us. Super fast.

But how often do you get a combination of size, speed, strength, and overall football playing ability than you do with Cheney? Not often. That’s why I totally agree with you.
When was the last time we had a back with any size that could run like that? These dudes that are small and fast have their place, but people need to stop thinking a guy can score every play because he is fast. Give me the guy that can run a few dudes over on 3rd and 4, and end up rambling 50 for a TD. Nothing is more demoralizing for a D than a big back they literally can not stop. Not every back needs to run a 4.3 to be extremely dangerous.

We scored 52 points against UL and all I can see repeatedly is how much our Safeties were out of position on defense - and how slow our LBs were reacting to certain counters.

Our play recognition vs UL, VT, FIU ect was abysmal back there, IMO. Awful play recognition.

We’ve had better Safety play from guys like Anthony Reddick as a Frosh than we’re expecting from some of these 3rd and 4th year players lately.

We need Hurricane level play from our Safeties. Elite ball. I really hope Ed helps them with their film study/play recognition. I expect people to “big up” 5 this year even when he makes a play routine play because that’s what we got last year with another Super Senior. But if we’re being completely honest - we need real Hurricane Safety play.

That’s one thing I’ll be looking for.

Advertisement
When was the last time we had a back with any size that could run like that? These dudes that are small and fast have their place, but people need to stop thinking a guy can score every play because he is fast. Give me the guy that can run a few dudes over on 3rd and 4, and end up rambling 50 for a TD. Nothing is more demoralizing for a D than a big back they literally can not stop. Not every back needs to run a 4.3 to be extremely dangerous.

Agreed. Like I said before, Knighton is going to be great for us, it’s just that Cheney seems to be one of those generational backs. Everything that @blackvern wanted Gus Edwards to be times 2. NoleVern should love this guy.

Well optimism is a good thing... last season hurt real bad, and my (our) optimism early on didn't amount to Jack. Seeings that our offense got a big overhaul is promising... and if the D tackles and reads the offense like hawks, Manny will get redemption, and so will the U.

Go Canes!
From your finger tips to the college football Gods ears.

Go Canes!!!

Agreed. Like I said before, Knighton is going to be great for us, it’s just that Cheney seems to be one of those generational backs. Everything that @blackvern wanted Gus Edwards to be times 2. NoleVern should love this guy.
I gotta see him play first, I’ve been fooled enough times by greentree reports. How big is Cheney?

1. CB Play; need to see Ivey play better than last year & really really wanna see Couch & Williams get reps.

2. The LB's; they're finally healthy & we got about 7-8 guys who can go, I wanna see gap integrity & consistent tackling, wrap the fck up.

3. Safeties; Gurvan Hall has been slept on all offseason, most of the fanbase think Bubba is the best, but I've been saying & will continue to say that Gurvan is without doubt our best Safety. Also looking forward to my familia Amari shutting everyone up this season, he's always getting talked down on but AC5 will have his best season this year.

4. Mark Pope; The most hated on player on the team... Make your reservations now, a lot of yall will be getting full servings of Crow, multiple plates. Restaurant packed.

5. Larry Hodges; he can be a very versatile secret weapon in this offense, especially in the Redzone, Lashlee loves using his H-back & Hodges fits that role perfectly, he's gonna be a surprise productive player for us this year.

6. Jahfari Harvey; Ye Mighty Lion shall reign!

7. Dee Wiggins, Jeremiah Payton, Michael Redding & Keyshawn Smith; I think all 4 of these guys are going to be playmakers & give us very good depth at WR.

8. John Campbell & Jarrid Williams; Campbell will play his best Football this year & anchor down that LT spot & adding Jarrid made our OL a lot stronger on the outside & we will see an improved pass protection & better run game overall.

9. Don Chaney Jr; He will breakout as a tough runner with good balance & vision & will solidify himself as the RB2.

10. Jared Harrison-Hunte; Looking for him to have a breakout year as well, I think he'll be a good rotational 3-tech.
**** right about Lb...we will need them. So many people dogged Quarterman and Pinckney at times, but looking back you realize how crucial they were shoring up the middle. Here’s also hoping Ford and Nesta become a dominant pair up front to let them get their feet underneath them.

Advertisement
Back