Wake TF Up

WeBallinBoyz

Whisper "It Just Means More" Again Daddy
Premium
I keep saying we should beat this team, we should beat that team. We SHOULD** be 10-1 with a shot at the ACCCG. But what in the actual f^ck did you see from this team over the past three weeks that makes some of you sunshine slurpers think we can achieve that? Take your orange and green off and be realistic for once.

We have ONE win vs. a team with a winning record, it's as simple as that. You know who that is? The University of Alabama-Birmingham. The Mighty Virginia Cavaqueers allowed a combined 119 points in their previous three games heading into their matchup with Miami. We couldn't even muster 20 points.

Whichever poster said we are basically playing D'Nofrio's defense with more tackles for loss and pressure; it's a scorching hot take, but it's **** true when we're not in man to man. This soft a$$ zone would give up chunk plays to high school teams, idk what the f^ck Baker and Manuelita are doing but this is pathetic. I don't care what the numbers say (14 points wooohoo we're ellllite!), our defense is atrocious. Everyone and their mother knew Virginia was looking to run the ball with their quarterbacks all night, and we couldn't account for it. When we don't generate pressure on the line and create havoc, our secondary looks like a deer in the headlights. Virginia averaged a whopping 5.3 ypc against us, what do you think Hendon Hooker will do against us? He baptized this defense last season, and he might do it again (even though he is trash).

I'm not on the Lashlee hype train anymore, I don't know what the dude is doing anymore. I know we're an up-tempo team, but before Harley bailed out his *** on the 3rd and 3 conversion, we left a good 45 seconds on the clock we could have burned. Then on 3rd and 9, you dial up a deep bomb to Wiggins, praying he gets a PI call??? I watched the replay and every other route was half-***, the deep shot was the first option. Asinine play-calling.

As for the run game, I don't know what to say because we sure as **** can't run outside the tackles; You can count on one hand the amount of times we tried to run outside and gained positive yards. The only thing that "works" is running up the middle, and eight times out of ten, it's held to a 3 yd gain or less. I really can't say if the offensive line is better than last season; without King's scrambling ability, we're sacked at least seven times. In fact, without King, we lose to Pitt and UVA.

So is this team really any better, or do we just have a huge step up at QB who is bailing this staff out? I love the Canes as much as the next guy, but my lord some of you don't seem to understand what a good football team looks like. Mediocrity shouldn't be tolerated; not by the fans, players, administration, or coaches.

A slump after the Pitt game? Sure ok you can live with that - heck even Notre Lame looked like **** against a bad Louisville team. But what those Irish f^cks did that we didn't do was throttle a weaker opponent the following week, making a statement that their terrible play the previous week would not be tolerated. We proceeded to almost **** the bed against a bottom-tier conference opponent, playing worse than the previous week.

NC State is another team that just isn't very good without their starting QB; their defense has given up 42 points to Wake, 45 to Virginia Tech and 48 this week to UNC. Again, any decent team with a pulse would win by 10-14 in a nice, convincing fashion. To **** with road game and bye week lethargic behavior, we need a complete performance, or at the very least, something to give us hope for the future. But when we eek out a 26-21 win, the sunshine pumpers will be back to declare "6-1, JUST WIIIIIN BAYBEE, we're better than last year!" In reality, we're just the same midget who grew .5 inches and is declaring it a success.

Advertisement
I keep saying we should beat this team, we should beat that team. We SHOULD** be 10-1 with a shot at the ACCCG. But what in the actual f^ck did you see from this team over the past three weeks that makes some of you sunshine slurpers think we can achieve that? Take your orange and green off and be realistic for once.

We have ONE win vs. a team with a winning record, it's as simple as that. You know who that is? The University of Alabama-Birmingham. The Mighty Virginia Cavaqueers allowed a combined 119 points in their previous three games heading into their matchup with Miami. We couldn't even muster 20 points.

Whichever poster said we are basically playing D'Nofrio's defense with more tackles for loss and pressure; it's a scorching hot take, but it's **** true when we're not in man to man. This soft a$$ zone would give up chunk plays to high school teams, idk what the f^ck Baker and Manuelita are doing but this is pathetic. I don't care what the numbers say (14 points wooohoo we're ellllite!), our defense is atrocious. Everyone and their mother knew Virginia was looking to run the ball with their quarterbacks all night, and we couldn't account for it. When we don't generate pressure on the line and create havoc, our secondary looks like a deer in the headlights. Virginia averaged a whopping 5.3 ypc against us, what do you think Hendon Hooker will do against us? He baptized this defense last season, and he might do it again (even though he is trash).

I'm not on the Lashlee hype train anymore, I don't know what the dude is doing anymore. I know we're an up-tempo team, but before Harley bailed out his *** on the 3rd and 3 conversion, we left a good 45 seconds on the clock we could have burned. Then on 3rd and 9, you dial up a deep bomb to Wiggins, praying he gets a PI call??? I watched the replay and every other route was half-***, the deep shot was the first option. Asinine play-calling.

As for the run game, I don't know what to say because we sure as **** can't run outside the tackles; You can count on one hand the amount of times we tried to run outside and gained positive yards. The only thing that "works" is running up the middle, and eight times out of ten, it's held to a 3 yd gain or less. I really can't say if the offensive line is better than last season; without King's scrambling ability, we're sacked at least seven times. In fact, without King, we lose to Pitt and UVA.

So is this team really any better, or do we just have a huge step up at QB who is bailing this staff out? I love the Canes as much as the next guy, but my lord some of you don't seem to understand what a good football team looks like. Mediocrity shouldn't be tolerated; not by the fans, players, administration, or coaches.

A slump after the Pitt game? Sure ok you can live with that - heck even Notre Lame looked like **** against a bad Louisville team. But what those Irish f^cks did that we didn't do was throttle a weaker opponent the following week, making a statement that their terrible play the previous week would not be tolerated. We proceeded to almost **** the bed against a bottom-tier conference opponent, playing worse than the previous week.

NC State is another team that just isn't very good without their starting QB; their defense has given up 42 points to Wake, 45 to Virginia Tech and 48 this week to UNC. Again, any decent team with a pulse would win by 10-14 in a nice, convincing fashion. To **** with road game and bye week lethargic behavior, we need a complete performance, or at the very least, something to give us hope for the future. But when we eek out a 26-21 win, the sunshine pumpers will be back to declare "6-1, JUST WIIIIIN BAYBEE, we're better than last year!" In reality, we're just the same midget who grew .5 inches and is declaring it a success.
You need some benzos in your life...

Advertisement

U Mad Reaction GIF

I see a team that is good enough to win out.

I don't think we will, but this team doesn't lose to an FIU

Advertisement
I bet you were a load of fun in the 2017 season and in 2002.

2017 was a bit different because at the time, we ran a train on VT and ND. Those were top 15 teams; plus, losing to Pitt was the typical "look ahead game" to Clemson. It wasn't until LSU in 2018 that I turned.

2017 was a bit different because at the time, we ran a train on VT and ND. Those were top 15 teams; plus, losing to Pitt was the typical "look ahead game" to Clemson. It wasn't until LSU in 2018 that I turned.
it took miracle a.k.a langham to beat GT and FSU in back to back weeks and the offense looked GARBAGE in all games in 2017. Your outlook shows that you'd rather b*tch and moan than enjoy a winning football program so I'm sure you were active that season

just relax man, COVID changed our schedule and gave us clemson, who we weren't supposed to play.

we beat all other teams we've played except for the best team in the country who by the way, nobody else will beat either. if you expected more than you're pretty out of touch with reality

TL;DR

Until we lose another game we can still be 10-1.

Advertisement
I would say the majority of teams in the NCAA are a great QB away from one way or the other.
Look at Cal, they had Rosen and were 7-6, without they were 3-9 or whatever.

Look at Clemson when they put their back-up QB in, they are not even close to as good.
Sacks and pressure is usually a combination of route concepts, WR separation/talent, OL talent and pass pro schemes and QB footwork.

Football is a game of multiple variables, hence why its tough to predict. I've said it before, but the defense isn't changing. The main difference between D'Ono defense and this one, is this one creates pressure and forces the hand of the QB, with all eyes watching the QB on the back end, that's why it seems passive. Meanwhile, D'Ono was playing soft zone with no pressure, which made even less sense.

I'm not in love with the defense scheme, but there are worse out there.
I'd prefer a mixture of man, press or not I don't care, and match coverage (see Alabama). Match coverage you need some pretty heady DBs though.

Advertisement
Back