Wake Forest

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Wake is currently on a COVID pause that has resulted in the cancellation/postponement of five games including their weekend series with BC. Our series is currently scheduled to be their return to action.

Advertisement
Rotation shuffled:

Would be awesome if we got big time innings from Rosario and Mederos. Would love to have a somewhat rested pen for Federman on Sunday.

I have no issue with Fed being our Sunday guy. We need to get over this Friday hump. Hopefully Rosario gets us there. If Garland keeps throwing well bump garland to Sunday and Fed to midweek. I would rather have the ground ball pitcher on Sunday but I’m ready to give Fed a chance there

Advertisement
Would be awesome if we got big time innings from Rosario and Mederos. Would love to have a somewhat rested pen for Federman on Sunday.

I have no issue with Fed being our Sunday guy. We need to get over this Friday hump. Hopefully Rosario gets us there. If Garland keeps throwing well bump garland to Sunday and Fed to midweek. I would rather have the ground ball pitcher on Sunday but I’m ready to give Fed a chance there
It's a start in the right direction, as I agree on needing more Friday wins. We won't keep winning every Sat & Sun game to win conference series.

What more do they need to see that Federman is not a weekend starter? at least it’s in the right direction, but I think most agree we need to upgrade that 3rd weekend spot

What more do they need to see that Federman is not a weekend starter? at least it’s in the right direction, but I think most agree we need to upgrade that 3rd weekend spot
all he really has to do is keep you in the game. As a number 3, he has more margin for error.

Advertisement

It's much better for the pitching staff to have Rosario on Friday as he has pitched very well and will give 7 innings of solid pitching consistently. Not much drop off from Mederos either. You're right on point in that the change will be less taxing for the bullpen. If Federman doesn't get the job done on Sunday, I'd rather see him in the bullpen as a late reliever. I think he's the best option to hand the ball off to Palmquist. This way Federman could pitch 3-5 innings over the weekend and stabilize the up and down middle relief we've seen so far.

Advertisement
Things set up well, according to Miami's game notes, Wake is throwing a RHP William Fleming tonight, a Freshman LHP Rhett Lowder on Saturday, and TBA on Sunday, but probably Cusick

Things set up well, according to Miami's game notes, Wake is throwing a RHP William Fleming tonight, a Freshman LHP Rhett Lowder on Saturday, and TBA on Sunday, but probably Cusick
I can't imagine how sharp Wake shouldn't be after their Covid-19 layoff. We should be all over them early and often especially that our team is starting to hit the ball well.

I'm looking for a series sweep.

Advertisement
I can't imagine how sharp Wake shouldn't be after their Covid-19 layoff. We should be all over them early and often especially that our team is starting to hit the ball well.

I'm looking for a series sweep.
I definitely think we can sweep them as long as we play like we're capable of. It's a lot like the VT series, we're definitely the more talented team and on paper we SHOULD sweep them.

I definitely think we can sweep them as long as we play like we're capable of. It's a lot like the VT series, we're definitely the more talented team and on paper we SHOULD sweep them.
I think the team played its best ball in games 2 & especially game 3 of the NC State series. The team was terrible offensively in the VT series. I think the team has settled in offensively and definitely although Toral needs to get going because he can be a major part of the team. Gil on the otherhand is done unless he can be effective as a DH. Yoyo has taken his spot at 3rd. I don't think he gives it up until he leaves Coral Gables.

His K:BB ratio suggests that he's pitched better than his ERA, and perhaps has been a bit unlucky.

The defense certainly hasn't helped him. It's been particularly bad when he has pitched.

I'd give him a handful more starts before pulling the plug.

Advertisement
Back