Wake Forest Game 3 Forfeited!

Advertisement
Wouldn’t one think after going down 0-2 in the series they would want to try and salvage a game instead of tapping out for a sweep?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't quite get how the ACC doesn't consider it a forfeit if they in fact didn't have the pitchers needed to compete? Either take your lumps in GM 2 or forfeit game three. As is was they were allowed to burn through all their pitchers in an attempt to win one game knowing they wouldn't be playing another, kinda BS if you ask me.

Advertisement
I don't quite get how the ACC doesn't consider it a forfeit if they in fact didn't have the pitchers needed to compete? Either take your lumps in GM 2 or forfeit game three. As is was they were allowed to burn through all their pitchers in an attempt to win one game knowing they wouldn't be playing another, kinda BS if you ask me.
Until we get past Covid, this will be the norm.

Wake used Covid as an excuse, plain and simple. They easily had enough of a staff to play game 3, and **** I'm sure we would have agreed to a 7 inning game.

Wake didn't want to play because 2 of their 4 SP were out (1 covid, 1 injury). So game 3 would have been a bullpen game for them. And they wanted no part of that I guess (they must have not realized Federman was pitching).

Advertisement
Set's an interesting precedent, say Miami is three games up on GT and GT takes the first two, based on this Miami could claim they can't play, the third game, with no repercussions.
In this scenario, did Miami miss multiple games due to covid immediately preceding the GT series and will it be known going into the series the team may be short handed?

Either way, is it chess or checkers?

If Gino threw position players and one hurt their arm this place would go bat **** crazy calling for him to be fired and criminal charges brought against him.

In this scenario, did Miami miss multiple games due to covid immediately preceding the GT series and will it be known going into the series the team may be short handed?

Either way, is it chess or checkers?

If Gino threw position players and one hurt their arm this place would go bat **** crazy calling for him to be fired and criminal charges brought against him.

Wake wasn't in a position where they would have had to throw position players though. They just didn't have a regular SP who could start game 3.

Wake wasn't in a position where they would have had to throw position players though. They just didn't have a regular SP who could start game 3.
Oh but the story here was throw position players or the mascot if you have to.... or you are weak and have no balls...

And I am right. If we could cancel a game with no negatives and choose not to and either lose that game or get one of our players injured, the Wake is Weak crew would be mad a **** with pitchforks out...

Advertisement
Back