Waiting to see the following this season...

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
What I'd like to see, and expect to see with the new coaching hires this season:

On the same play, our DT's use moves, leverage, strategy and skill, as they collapse the pocket, putting pressure on the QB. The QB avoids the pressure rolling out, but cannot escape the pressure of our DE. He chucks the ball down the field and our DB actually...(gasp)...turns around, sees the incoming pigskin and knocks away what would've been a major, game changing play down field. 4th down and they have to punt.

See? I'm a simple man. I'm not asking for some spectacular INT or sack. Just our players using skillsets taught by our D coaches during a play which will not show up on the Sports Center highlights reel, but exhibit a well-trained and effective D. We currently have the players to perform the aforementioned scenario on the regular.

Yes, I want us to increase out TFL's and turnovers, but give me solid D, with pressure and DB's who turn and look for the ball, because they've been trained to do so, and I think most of us will be happy.

Advertisement
What I'd like to see, and expect to see with the new coaching hires this season:

On the same play, our DT's use moves, leverage, strategy and skill, as they collapse the pocket, putting pressure on the QB. The QB avoids the pressure rolling out, but cannot escape the pressure of our DE. He chucks the ball down the field and our DB actually...(gasp)...turns around, sees the incoming pigskin and knocks away what would've been a major, game changing play down field. 4th down and they have to punt.

See? I'm a simple man. I'm not asking for some spectacular INT or sack. Just our players using skillsets taught by our D coaches during a play which will not show up on the Sports Center highlights reel, but exhibit a well-trained and effective D. We currently have the players to perform the aforementioned scenario on the regular.

Yes, I want us to increase out TFL's and turnovers, but give me solid D, with pressure and DB's who turn and look for the ball, because they've been trained to do so, and I think most of us will be happy.
And never, ever give up 500 yards rushing in a single game again.

And when we force teams to punt we actually field the **** punt clean!
Can’t remember his name now but there was a hs coach, offensive guru, who wouldn’t rush the punter or even put a returner back once he forced the punt because he wanted to leave nothing to chance that he would get the ball back after forcing a punt. that might make sense for us now since our return game hasn’t helped us in years, but it has lost us games

Advertisement
Back