VTech QS - Lawson

Juancane

Freshman
I would've thought that Lawson would have a chance to play given how ineffective the backup QB for Vtech was last night and how good he looked in highlights.

Advertisement
Nope. Kid wont get any burn this year unless even more injuries force them to play him

I read they that they are expecting to play him but not as soon as week 1. They say that he is still raw, but they may have to pull a Louisville and go with the young gun. That back up was bad. How do you recruit such bad division 1 qbs?

he isnt even behind that kid. They were showing some white kid on the sideline that was next up during the game.

Lawson should have came here.

Va tech doesnt develop or scout qbs. I dont know if their looking for the next Mike Vick or something...Well they do have 4 qbs collecting nfl checks right now though. We have Stephen Morris.lol

Advertisement
Nope. Kid wont get any burn this year unless even more injuries force them to play him

I read they that they are expecting to play him but not as soon as week 1. They say that he is still raw, but they may have to pull a Louisville and go with the young gun. That back up was bad. How do you recruit such bad division 1 qbs?

Ask Folden...........................Gray Crow, Preston Dewey, Kevin Olsen,

VT has done well when they've had a strong running game, complemented by a dual threat QB. They have an atrocious record when the opponent out-rushes em'.

he isnt even behind that kid. They were showing some white kid on the sideline that was next up during the game.

Va tech doesnt develop or scout qbs. I dont know if their looking for the next Mike Vick or something...Well they do have 4 qbs collecting nfl checks right now though. We have Stephen Morris.lol

what exactly is the obsession with redshirts? every team in american is playing 10 or more freshmen. This isn't 1985.....kids want to play immediately. You think kids are staying 5 years now? Only ones that are, we dont' want for 5 years.

Advertisement
I have to think he will play.. could be, who knows, that he was not ready to play. He might not have a clue how to run their offense. It was week one and perhaps the guy was not an EE.. lot of reasons..

but of course even this thread turns into a you know what..

I was listening to local Sports radio today here in Virginia, and they said Tech has already planned on playing him this year, just not week one. They expect Lawson to be the starter by years end.

I was listening to local Sports radio today here in Virginia, and they said Tech has already planned on playing him this year, just not week one. They expect Lawson to be the starter by years end.

I heard that too. Apparently he has struggled so far with progressions and they felt more comfortable with Motley as the backup to start the season.

what exactly is the obsession with redshirts? every team in american is playing 10 or more freshmen. This isn't 1985.....kids want to play immediately. You think kids are staying 5 years now? Only ones that are, we dont' want for 5 years.

Exactly.
Folks acting like this is 1965.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back