VT

Advertisement
As these teams pour Big 10 Network money into other sports you'll start seeing this change. These teams are now building indoor practice facilities to bridge some of this gap and administrations continue to push for a March 1st date to get a little more time to warm up before the season starts.

The universal start date to practice was just the first step that northern teams are working on to level the field (which will never be fully leveled of course).

If you're a northern program without an indoor, you have no shot, but the ones with them can compete. My alma mater is a strong baseball program and the indoor practice facility they have is one of the big reasons they can stay competitive.
If the NCAA changes the start of the baseball season which many schools are pushing for, teams in warmer climates will have less of an advantage. Those teams will have more practice time outdoors. Some of the better talent that would normally head south to attend school may stay home. It will also change scheduling as many cash strapped programs are looking to limit travel within their region to save money.

Oh well five of the last six seasons is REALLY indicative of their 120 year history.

Don't call yourself a stat guy if you don't understand how statistics work.
I know you’re busy celebrating the Canes’ 1987 championship, but slow down and look at what you wrote. You brought up the CFP, which has existed for 7 years. I responded with data from six of those years. If you can’t remember your own posts, scroll back and refresh your memory before responding.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back