VT will be UNC

ball915

All-American
UNC came off an embarrassing home loss to VT and brought their stuff against us. VT is coming off an embarrassing loss to Syracuse and will bring their best stuff against us at home on a Thursday night. Second week in a row we will face a team that had to hear for a week how awful they played the previous game and we will witness the product. As **** poor as we played against UNC it will be very interesting to see how this staff can get the guys ready on a short week, on the road. This game is more telling than the UNC game (post FSU loss syndrome which we failed....again)

Advertisement
UNC came off an embarrassing home loss to VT and brought their stuff against us. VT is coming off an embarrassing loss to Syracuse and will bring their best stuff against us at home on a Thursday night. Second week in a row we will face a team that had to hear for a week how awful they played the previous game and we will witness the product. As **** poor as we played against UNC it will be very interesting to see how this staff can get the guys ready on a short week, on the road. This game is more telling than the UNC game (post FSU loss syndrome which we failed....again)

VT will play a team that had to hear how awful they played for 2 games.

Why does that theory only work for our opponents and not us? VT will be facing a team coming off two ****** losses.

Why does that theory only work for our opponents and not us? VT will be facing a team coming off two ****** losses.

Took the words before I could say it. Fück these other schools...we should be ****ed and they should be worried.

for the last five years it hasn't worked. we've never looked like a great team after a bad loss against a solid opponent/tough place to win. exactly why the game is so telling from a coaching perspective

Advertisement
You want to talk about a difference in program culture?

VT has a history of bouncing back after a loss(es), it goes back years and years with them, including some really embarrassing ones.

UM has a history of going in the tank after loss(es) period.

It is one of the biggest challenges facing CMR.

It's the same theory as when a team comes in that's played a crappy schedule they've "played a crappy schedule". When all of our success comes from playing a crappy schedule everybody ignores it and thinks our top 10 ranking is legit and the team is back.

I honestly cannot think of a truly big game Miami has won in years. No reason to think that will change Thursday, the script repeated itself last Saturday. There's a mental problem in the program that will take a few years to weed out.
I really believe this, I watch a ton of CFB and I'm amazed at the efforts some of these teams put forth, Miami, save a few players, does not have that.
There's a fallacy that once you put on the uniform you're better than the guy across from you and it constantly bites us in the ***.

Thursday isn't a big game to anyone but us. Two middle of the road teams, both coming off a loss to ****** teams. Boring af.

Advertisement

200w.gif

Miami is in desperate need of a UCLA game.

Richt needs to pull one out of this team before going into South Bend.

200w.gif

Although I tried to use the same reasoning as Ball... yeah, it was kind of funny.

Advertisement

To be fair, they won't have heard it for a full week.

Miami is in desperate need of a UCLA game.

Richt needs to pull one out of this team before going into South Bend.
UCLA was ranked second before that game. VT should be unranked. Other than that, I totally see the parallel.

Advertisement

You're right but people around here have become accustomed to our guys putting their tails between their legs after a loss to FSU.

Frankly the defense showed me last week that wasn't going to happen on that side of the ball. The offense has a **** ton to prove.

Advertisement
Back