Vs Wake 2pm ACCN

turn to FSU DUKE then back again, and one is ACC and one is FFF
(more unforced errors than starwars)

Advertisement
seems like (we) tryin to be flashy and sassy and just comes out lookin stupid. not sure but maybe this team was told too many times here is your sure ACC win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Only got to watch the first half. I was a little nervous but I also felt like Wake was hitting more of their shots than could be expected. (Though our defense was allowing them to get pretty good looks.) From the box score, it seems like maybe they came back to reality a little in the second half, or maybe we just played better all around. Anytime you hit 44% from deep and your opponent hits 21% you're in good shape. Nice that we had a solid advantage in free throws too. I'll take the production from Mack happily. We really need Waardenburg to turn his season around. Since I only saw the first half I saw him miss a layup and give up a couple boards. Hit two shots, too. If he can give us 6+ points and 6+ rebounds every game, that'd be good.

Getting the W feels good, even though Wake is probably the worst team in the conference. The schedule the next few weeks is tough... UNC twice, UVA, FSU again, VT, Syracuse, and ND. We're on the road against Cuse, UVA and UNC so those could get ugly. Hopefully we'll play tough at home and snag another win or two. Coach L seems to be doing a good job with limited bodies since we've been competitive deep into the second half of our ACC losses. We'll see if that can continue in a tough stretch.

Nice to get the first ACC win on the board. If we get Dewan back, either by winning his appeal (very doubtful) or being declared ineligible w/reinstatement for essentially time served, this team is probably good enough to sneak into the NIT. Otherwise, we’ll probably scratch and claw our way to 4 or 5 ACC wins baring more injuries.

Kudos to Sam on his performance today. I’ve never seen him as aggressive as he was rebounding down the stretch. The biggest compliment I can give him is that I was mildly disappointed when Coach L brought Izundu in for him with about a minute left. It’s also been nice to see the progress Mack has made over the course of the season.

Offensive rebounds were 14-3 Wake Forest at one point. Imagine what that will translate to against better foes, if Hernandez is not reinstated.

Both teams shot well early then Wake Forest really went cold in the second half. We hit the key three pointers to pull away. Still lots of silly misses inside, notably by Izundu including a botched dunk.

At least it felt like a home game with the band out there. BTW, ones Canes trombone player needs to be sent in toward, "Where in the World isn't Scott Van Pelt?"

Advertisement
Back