Vish drops mic on ESPN

Advertisement
If this week was about anything, it was about Miami turning the corner back into what it once was. Gone is the tie.

And on Saturday, the Canes won a road game at a ranked team for the first time since 2009. The “cloud” is lifting.

With it came the screaming and tears from the national media, as they predictably took the side of the ranked, home team who was cheated for the entire game over the plucky underdog dealing with tragedy off the field and an interim coach.

I love it. We live off your tears and your hate.

We’ve seen your fear. Fear that we’ll hire a good coach. That’s why you talk down our job, rip the facilities incessantly, just hoping to create a narrative that prevents the good hire and results in another Al Golden.

You can keep telling us that we’re unrealistic. Keep calling our players thugs, even though we graduate our players and rarely have off field incidents. Keep talking down our attendance while Duke played a home game on campus as a ranked team and didn’t fill their stadium. Keep talking down our facilities even though they’re upgraded. Keep losing your mind on the rare occasion we catch an officiating break.

You can even keep calling us irrelevant. Jokes on you, though. You just spent your entire Sunday whining about an “irrelevant” 5-3 team with an interim coach just playing out the string.

As for us? We’ll keep being Miami. With all that means and implies. Whether it be true or not.

We wouldn’t have it any other way.

It’s a Canes thing, you wouldn’t understand.

original.gif

That was amazing, as is most of what Vish writes.

There was a verified referee on Reddit defending ALL of the calls after the game. Regarding the Redwine block in the back, he wrote, "As a backjudge, we are trained on a punt, if an IBB occurs and the offended players makes the tackle, you do not throw the flag. The penalty didn't affect the play. That IBB actually helps the Duke player hit the guy with the ball. It was a good no call."

I would have liked to see Vish incorporate that argument, if it's an accurate one. Redwine did, in fact, push the Duke player into Crawford, and the block did not nothing to negatively affect Duke. Otherwise, A+, 10/10, would read again.

Advertisement
Yeah, well. Who's got time for logic, reason, or an expert opinion from an objective or unbiased source. "We've got a witch!"

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g[/video]

Nice writeup Vish. It needed to be coarse, and it needed no apologies. We beat Duke, enough excuses. Big media and Duke are starting to sound like Al Golden for Chrissakes.

pictorialhistoryofdukegame.jpg

And of course Duke failed on the return. They didn't cover the play until the whistle blew. Neither the players, nor officials saw a knee down, or a block in the back. Miami made the play. Duke didn't . It's not like it was some egregious call like a reversed interception or nonsense pass interference calls that could not be reviewed. They simply failed to cover the return.

Kuntsniffe is mad because he fcked up. All he had to do was kick the kickoff out of bounds and make UM go 65 yards in 6 seconds. It's a lot harder to throw a Hail Mary from the 35 than it is to return a kickoff.

Advertisement
Excellent synopsis! Why did no one in the media mention all the BS calls against Miami in Dukes last 2 drives. It was given to them.

Advertisement
Kuntsniffe is mad because he fcked up. All he had to do was kick the kickoff out of bounds and make UM go 65 yards in 6 seconds. It's a lot harder to throw a Hail Mary from the 35 than it is to return a kickoff.

If I'm Miami, I'm willing to forfeit the game if, before next season's game, Cutcliffe crosses to midfield, presents himself before Butch's entire fire-breathing squad, puts his head between his legs, and kisses his own ***.

At the end of the day, the acc, ncaa, whoever, failed the officials as the necessary cameras to make a more informed call, were not provided. Replay should be reformed so that every game has the same amount of cameras available for replays.

Advertisement

If I'm Miami, I'm willing to forfeit the game if, before next season's game, Cutcliffe crosses to midfield, presents himself before Butch's entire fire-breathing squad, puts his head between his legs, and kisses his own ***.

You just said Butch.

Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

Advertisement
Back