Virgnia Tech game

Advertisement
I've been to Blacksburg twice. Probably my least favorite place in the ACC to tailgate. ****heel town. Not much to do before the game, not much to do after. It's not even a particularly nice part of the Appalachians.

My advice is to wait a few weeks, go to Virginia instead. You can fly into the DC-Baltimore area cheaply too.

I went a couple years ago, Jimmy Graham game, what a horrible game. Cold, rainy and we got our *** kicked, just miserable. Have fun!

Trying to go to Blacksburg, but the plane tickets are astronomical! Really would like to go to that stadium as its a bucket list thing. Doubt it though!

Look into flying into Tri cities airport in Tennessee. It's only a
2 hour drive north on I-81 to Blacksburg. It's around $300 round trip with a layover in Charlotte. I grew up in Va

Advertisement
I've been to Blacksburg twice. Probably my least favorite place in the ACC to tailgate. ****heel town. Not much to do before the game, not much to do after. It's not even a particularly nice part of the Appalachians.

My advice is to wait a few weeks, go to Virginia instead. You can fly into the DC-Baltimore area cheaply too.

huh? I hate VT and all, but Blacksburg is surrounded by some pretty nice parts of the Blue Ridge mts. I've been there 3-4 times in the mid fall and the scenery never disappointed. JMO.

Flying into DC for the game, booking flight a few weeks later saw price go up 150.

Thankfully there are many cheap motels outside of Blacksburg.

Advertisement
Back