Virginia's Playbook

KOOLAID4L

Freshman
They brought everything they had tonight with stuff I've never seen them do. So I know the def was like what is this. My thing is why it took to them second half to make changes on how me line up?
Dj ivey is straight trash and blades totally messed up his coverage but the def did good.
Our oline is hella bad I mean we can't run the ball we don't show any effort to try n take over the game.
Carter im getting tired of the targeting stuff. n
Now every hit he makes he's advertising for Target the company.
This game we would've lost last year so I guess this is a really big win even though the score is not what we wanted.
But for me to be happy I want to see everyone click. The oline push and mow people over the dline have a few sacks n the ded get more turnovers. Will be ok not great but will be ok

Advertisement
They brought everything they had tonight with stuff I've never seen them do. So I know the def was like what is this. My thing is why it took to them second half to make changes on how me line up?
Dj ivey is straight trash and blades totally messed up his coverage but the def did good.
Our oline is hella bad I mean we can't run the ball we don't show any effort to try n take over the game.
Carter im getting tired of the targeting stuff. n
Now every hit he makes he's advertising for Target the company.
This game we would've lost last year so I guess this is a really big win even though the score is not what we wanted.
But for me to be happy I want to see everyone click. The oline push and mow people over the dline have a few sacks n the ded get more turnovers. Will be ok not great but will be ok
In the O Line's defense, it's just that much harder, though not impossible to clear running lanes when the plays are so predictable. The lack of a run game is as much on Lashlee as the line.

We wait until halftime to adjust, for God knows whatever reason.

I guess that is Manny’s philosophy, but it’s stupid and I call things how I see it.

As for UVA throwing the kitchen sink at us, I’ve grown to expect that at this point. Every team we’ve played, outside of Clemson, has tried to confuse us by playing abnormally. It’s annoying but it is what it is. When you’re a name-brand school, with a top 15 ranking, people are going to pull out all the stops to beat you.

Advertisement
We wait until halftime to adjust, for God knows whatever reason.

I guess that is Manny’s philosophy, but it’s stupid and I call things how I see it.

As for UVA throwing the kitchen sink at us, I’ve grown to expect that at this point. Every team we’ve played, outside of Clemson, has tried to confuse us by playing abnormally. It’s annoying but it is what it is. When you’re a name-brand school, with a top 15 ranking, people are going to pull out all the stops to beat you.
Yeah you right bc everytime the coaches be like well that wasn't on film. So we just winged it

To me all night they ran the ball. They would motion a man out n then the run play would go in that direction. But all they had to do was adjust to that n put more man n the box. Send line backers blitz up the middle but they never do ever. They just have them sitting and waiting to get punched n the mouth. When are we going to start punching?
Somebody tell Carter to start playing LB maybe him not getting a head start hint hint will keep him from leading with his head.

Advertisement
To me all night they ran the ball. They would motion a man out n then the run play would go in that direction. But all they had to do was adjust to that n put more man n the box. Send line backers blitz up the middle but they never do ever. They just have them sitting and waiting to get punched n the mouth. When are we going to start punching?
Somebody tell Carter to start playing LB maybe him not getting a head start hint hint will keep him from leading with his head.
In the second half Frierson had a few TFL / tackles for short gains because he did exactly that - just ran with the motion man to the ball.

I think, unfortunately, Baker is a watered down version of Diaz. Diaz was ok as a DC - gimmicky, but he more or less got the job done. Baker is a few steps below that.

7 points at half and needed an excellent catch to do it... missed field goal would have given them 10 at the half and still a loss...7 points in the second half off a blown coverage

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back