Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech

Scoot Scoot

7th Year Walk-On
I realize this probably won't matter, but a GT win helps given VT's squishy schedule.

#letmedream

Advertisement
The coastal is so fn bad. Michael brewer is horrible. Horrible.

Pitt sucks UNC sucks GT sucks. Not average. Sucks.

The talent gap between Miami and these teams is huge. It's a joke

And we already blew our cushion losing to Louisville

Fire Al

Advertisement
There it is. Messy game all around. Someone said G. Tech QB will give us trouble, but all I see is a big kid who seems difficult to tackle. Not accurate at all, he was over throwing his receivers or coming up short on most passes. This game was all about the defense on both sides.

The ACC Coastal is a dumpster fire.
True. Still taking it as a positive.

Now to watch the Gators lose.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Great job. Option teams cover the number more often than not. Always have, always will.

Thomas has more running niftiness than any recent Georgia Tech quarterback. He looks like a '60s through '80s option quarterback, or at least much closer than anything they've had. Still, his passing accuracy can be comical. He missed a wide open touchdown on 4th down in the first half and then airmailed a wide open receiver on a key third down play in the 4th quarter. Somehow he converted two big passes on the final two possessions.

Brewer gave the game away with stupid interceptions. That was quite a feat because Georgia Tech's pass defense looked inept. Kaaya should have plenty of wide open spaces.

Also, Georgia Tech's short yardage offense is much worse than typical. That should help the Canes. However, they are getting to the perimeter more frequently and in more dangerous spacing than at any point in the Johnson era. The rocket toss was all but absent today. I'm not sure they ran it once. As I've emphasized, the rocket toss is a desperate substitute for inability to get to the perimeter. True option teams don't run that sorry play. If we force them to use that play, we win.

He may not have been there under Mike Leach but Brewer maintains those Texas Tech tendencies of giving games away to teams you should defeat.

Advertisement
Great job. Option teams cover the number more often than not. Always have, always will.

Except for the fact that Paul Johnson was 1-2 coming into today and is now 21-21 in the last four years.

Are you the guy who would pound his chest on Grassy after GT victories, but would disappear when they didn't cover? Kind of like the first three weeks of this season.....didn't hear your option theory.

Advertisement
[QU OTE=Catergory5Hurricane;1988470]There it is. Messy game all around. Someone said G. Tech QB will give us trouble, but all I see is a big kid who seems difficult to tackle. Not accurate at all, he was over throwing his receivers or coming up short on most passes. This game was all about the defense on both sides.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Logan Thomas, and we made him look like a Heisman candidate!

Advertisement
Back