Virginia Tech Gameday - Week 8

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
It's a school night and Miami has a football game with Virginia Tech. Ask your mom if you can stay up late to watch it.

oxQPmOX.jpg

It's almost Halloween and Miami hasn't won a road game all year. Yikes. There's talent on this football team too, and next Spring's NFL draft will point that out. Meanwhile Virginia Tech has key injuries up and down their roster, including their leading tackler. This is a game we should win. The problem is that for Miami, winning and Blacksburg don't go well with each other. Over the past 20 years Miami has won just twice in the 9 games played in Blacksburg. As bad as that winning percentage is, it's still higher than our 3rd down conversion rate so we got that going for us. Time to change that (the 3rd down thing too).

sCHQU9R.jpg

Where: Lane Stadium

Who: Miami Hurricanes (4-3) vs. Virginia Tech Hokies (4-3)

When: 8:00 pm/et

How:
NmkOJ1v.jpg

Official message for this game: Get Stacy Coley involved.

Stacy Coley is currently 7th on the team in receptions with 11, averaging just 5.4 yards per grab. He also hasn't scored yet. Duke Johnson is the only other player on the team with double-digit reception totals without catching a touchdown. That's insane. I wouldn't pin any of our losses to his lack of production, but you can't have your best WR go scoreless through the month of October. You just can't. Throwing him WR screens whenever he's on the field isn't the way to do it. That's all they let him do now. Instead how about they have him...ok now bear with me...run forward and use his speed to beat a defensive back one on one? Just a thought.​

Last time they met: November 9, 2013

[video=youtube;ZGoNKbzWr-o]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoNKbzWr-o[/video]

What people were saying during the subsequent meltdown: From last year's gameday thread

fNehVVv.png

Can't say it any better than that.

Know your enemy: The Key Play - What they're saying:

Dave Knachel said:
After last week's debacle in Pittsburgh, the Hokies find themselves in a must-win showdown against the Miami Hurricanes in Blacksburg on Thursday night. An offense without an identity, and a defense with a bad knack for giving up big plays at the least oppertuntune times, has left fans wondering if the program is regressing. The matchup with Miami represents a fulcrum moment for the re-emergence of the program. A loss against the Hurricanes is devastating to the rebuilding plan that was just beginning to show signs of promise...

MOPE! He seems like such a bad fan.

SwZnS.png
Miami Notes

1. Duke Johnson is psyched up about playing in Blacksburg.
2. UM will open the 2018 season in Dallas against LSU
3. Mark D'Onofrio thinks he's doing an awesome job.

Is this guy serious?

JC7qZWk.gif

VlZ589M.png
Virginia Tech Notes

1. Virginia Tech has lots of injuries.
2. Local beat writers are predicting a Miami win.
3. 2011 was the last time Hokie fans enjoyed themselves at Lane Stadium.

[video=youtube;blzftASduNc]www.youtube.com/watch?v=blzftASduNc[/video]

Favorite Virginia Tech related Image, Photoshop, Video or Gif:

urHF4dM.gif

canesplace

SwZnS.png
Miami Roster Stuff

Two-deep depth chart

RhAGpjn.png

QzHptwd.png

VlZ589M.png
Virginia Tech Roster Stuff

Two-deep depth chart

duYNzos.png

QuDn17Y.png

Game Day Character:

Rambo said:
To survive a war, you gotta become war

3ghTlaA.jpg

[video=youtube;7jHhLIx6Ib4]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jHhLIx6Ib4[/video]

Allons-y

Advertisement
I actually wait for these posts with more anticipation that I do for the Work. Dan-o u are the sun to our cloud, lol. Solid.

Advertisement
:6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6:

Holy **** @ VT's injured list.

It's a MASH unit. I've got this sinking feeling it won't matter. Our Corches don't seem to be able to exploit opponents weaknesses. Good Gawd if we lose to this bunch.....

nail-in-coffin.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
I envy the environment at Lane Stadium. Sun Life sucks. We suck. Fire Golden.

Advertisement
Back