Virginia Tech (Game 1) 7pm ACCNX

This. It hasn’t made sense to me from the moment they all stepped on campus. Jenkins isn’t an all American but move him up in order and move vilar down. They’re statistics are far too similar for you not to move the righty with speed up in lineup. If vilar was a speedster out of left handed batters box I would have no issue with it, but he’s not.
You will never, ever change your opinion no matter how wrong you are.

Advertisement
I don’t care who it is. The lineup has needed to change for years. LOL at being wrong about a batting order. You’re a clown.
You want to move up a light-hitting 8-hole hitter and have him replace a guy who is way better at getting on base.

And you keep screaming it from every mountaintop.

You are spectacularly wrong but will never move from your position.

You want to move up a light-hitting 8-hole hitter and have him replace a guy who is way better at getting on base.

And you keep screaming it from every mountaintop.

You are spectacularly wrong but will never move from your position.
You’re acting like vilars obp is light years ahead of Jenkins. It’s not. And I like Jenkins speed on base paths. Like I said though, I don’t care who it is. Born winning offensive mvp in fall is intriguing and he can play center to replace Jenkins

Their numbers from 2019-2021 are actually pretty similar, with Vilar having more pop while Jenkins strikes out less and has more speed. So, while it's not necessarily an obvious move, it's also not "spectacularly wrong".

Advertisement
You’re acting like vilars obp is light years ahead of Jenkins. It’s not. And I like Jenkins speed on base paths. Like I said though, I don’t care who it is. Born winning offensive mvp in fall is intriguing and he can play center to replace Jenkins
So now you want him out of the lineup? The light-hitting guy that you wanted to hit second a minute ago should now be benched.

Gotcha.

Their numbers from 2019-2021 are actually pretty similar, with Vilar having more pop while Jenkins strikes out less and has more speed. So, while it's not necessarily an obvious move, it's also not "spectacularly wrong".
OPS is significantly higher.

Like 80+ points higher if I remember correctly.

And Jenkins has a slow bat. He never hits anything hard. You don't want him having more ABs than Vilar.

OPS is significantly higher.

Like 80+ points higher if I remember correctly.

And Jenkins has a slow bat. He never hits anything hard. You don't want him having more ABs than Vilar.

There's probably a little give and take with both of them. The real issue is that we probably don't want either one of them in the 2-hole.

Advertisement
Who do you think should be in that spot given the options

I said last week that we should quit trying to have a 1980's lineup where the 2-hole hitter is just there to move guys over. Take Vilar out of that spot and move everyone up. That gets your best hitters up in the first inning and gives them more at bats over the course of a season.

Lots of work to be done with this lineup.

You can’t have 4 of the first 5 be LH. It sets up for nights like tonight where VT loads up all their lefties.

I still think you can’t have Lala/Vilar 1/2. You can choose 1 at the top but not both. Somebody has to hit 9.

ADC has to stop fouling off pitches in good hitting counts. He did this last year too. Fouling off a 3-1 FB over the plate only puts you in a worse spot 3-2. If you are the best hitter in the country, you need to murder those 3-1 pitches. Start doing it.

Gil and Toral are what they are but Gil has to make teams pay for all the LH matchups. He failed tonight.
Totally agree. I dont like the way the lineup is set up right now. I dont like Vilar batting 2 and also way too many lefties bunched at the top. Somehow need to find some true table setters that they can count on to consistently get on base for Del and hopefully Toral if he starts swinging better

Another misconception about last night was the righty/lefty thing.

The left-handed hitters went 5-for-15 and the right-handed hitters went 1-for-14.
Vilar had 2 of those 5 hits. How many times did a LH bat come up and strike out on that **** low and outside pitch breaking away from the lefties

Advertisement
Vilar had 2 of those 5 hits. How many times did a LH bat come up and strike out on that **** low and outside pitch breaking away from the lefties
Again, the lefties were 5-of-15 and the righties were 1-of-14.

Your decided to whine about something before you even knew the facts.

Again, the lefties were 5-of-15 and the righties were 1-of-14.

Your decided to whine about something before you even knew the facts.
I watch every out of every inning of every game. Sorry I dont enjoy watching all the lefties continue to chase the same **** pitch out of the strike zone over and over again clown

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back