Virginia game..

pimpcane1

Junior
Everyone is already declaring this a win but this game is going to be tough. It's a prime time road game against a team with a good defense looking to get bowl eligible coming off a bye week. It's going to be a tough sledding for UM esp. after playing in an emotional rivalry game the week before. This game has scared me all year and its going to be close.

Advertisement
If we have problems with a 4-6 team at the bottom of the atrocious ACC Coastal with a head coach who's likely going to be fired in a few weeks, then that will tell you all you need to know about the state of our program.

Miami is only favored by 5.5 for good reason. Definitely sets up as a classic letdown game. Plus UVA has been good at home this year. They beat Louisville and played UCLA very close.

If we have problems with a 4-6 team at the bottom of the atrocious ACC Coastal with a head coach who's likely going to be fired in a few weeks, then that will tell you all you need to know about the state of our program.

Duke was supposedly a real good team and UNC is a terrible team. What's happening to Duke, at home?

Advertisement
That UCLA game was a noon cross country game for the Bruins, and game one for them, I believe. Not really a good measuring stick.

That UCLA game was a noon cross country game for the Bruins, and game one for them, I believe. Not really a good measuring stick.

Not as bad as playing a few night games in a row on the road to start the year. Team gets tired you know?

The morons also had us as a shoe in to beat FSU, and are now saying were a shoe in to go 9-3 already

Advertisement
This is setting up to be an epic fail on Golden with all kinds of excuses. I can see it now. Night game. Short week, due to previous night game. Tough opponent on the road. Cold weather. List can go on...

In 2001, a great team went to Chestnut Hill in November and Blacksburg in early December. Had to scrape out wins. That was a National championship team and those teams were nowhere near as good as Miami. What did those games say about the state of the program?

In 2001, a great team went to Chestnut Hill in November and Blacksburg in early December. Had to scrape out wins. That was a National championship team and those teams were nowhere near as good as Miami. What did those games say about the state of the program?
Did you just compare our current situation to the 2001 team, arguably the greatest team of all time?

Time to close your mouth and stop drooling on your keyboard

Advertisement

Did you just compare our current situation to the 2001 team, arguably the greatest team of all time?

Time to close your mouth and stop drooling on your keyboard
Is that really what I did there? Try reading again.

We can lose any game and UVA has given us a lot of trouble. If we lose, Al is back on hot seat. Unlike last year after criminole game, Duke is playing. That should be enough. This year's lose to Rapist and accessories is not like last year's. Team knows it let NC slip out of loss. Last year we got our butts kicked in 2nd half. Team knows it is in fact on noles heels. Maybe they are down or maybe the kick the living crap out of Cavs. Like most I want Al gone, but rather he win out, improve the 2014 recruiting class and new president hire new coach next year. Waiting for Donna to go is worth it. If Al had been fired mid-season and someone like Chud replaced him immediately, then recruiting would not have been crippled. Now could be a disaster.

Advertisement
I agree with Gator hater, I want Golden to win out so we get some good players in recruiting.... That's my main concern. Win the bowl game, which means he more than likely stays. The next president has fresh pair of eyes and no ties to Golden if he doesn't perform to cut him after 5 seasons. He also will have mediocre programs going after him....like say UVA, so he could leave before. Losing is bad for the program. With recruiting... And you don't wantanother hire under Shalala

If they play UVA like they played the last four games, including FSU, they win. If they come out passive like they've also done this year, then they could easily lose.

Advertisement
Back