Off-Topic Vinyl

westcoastcanes

Put you out **** in to be puchina
Any other canes fans collect the inarguably best format?

Got these today, what have you scored lately?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
Advertisement
I received my UHQR of Kind of Blue in December from the brick n mortar I ordered it from. It is, without question, the best version of Kind of Blue. Flawless.

Friday, I swung by Sweat and picked up new reissues from Joe Henderson's Inner Urges, Lee Morgan's Caramba!, and PJ Harvey's reissue for Let England Shake. Just gave Inner Urges a spin a little bit ago and its a home run, as the Blue Note Classic Series has been.

I received my UHQR of Kind of Blue in December from the brick n mortar I ordered it from. It is, without question, the best version of Kind of Blue. Flawless.

Friday, I swung by Sweat and picked up new reissues from Joe Henderson's Inner Urges, Lee Morgan's Caramba!, and PJ Harvey's reissue for Let England Shake. Just gave Inner Urges a spin a little bit ago and its a home run, as the Blue Note Classic Series has been.
I love that series, in the last few months I have gotten represses of Maiden Voyage, Page One, and Speak No Evil. Even if it is something I don’t know it is an instant buy.

Still have Pearl Jam 10 on vinyl.

******* awesome from song 1-10. A masterpiece.
I remember liking it so much back then but haven’t given it a listen in 20 years at least. They repress it pretty much every year so it is easy to find. Wonder if there is any consensus on best pressing, as I’d love to rebuild what was my cd collection from the grunge era to some extent. That was kind of a death of vinyl era so original presses are gonna be really hard to find. Yours might be worth a lot if it is in good shape.

Advertisement
Any other canes fans collect the inarguably best format?

Got these today, what have you scored lately?
Moving in a few weeks and will have a better space for the player and records. I am very much looking forward to digging back in.

I know this goes against hi-if audio, but does anyone have a Bluetooth record player to connect to Sonos speakers? Thinking of simplifying my setup some.

Moving in a few weeks and will have a better space for the player and records. I am very much looking forward to digging back in.

I know this goes against hi-if audio, but does anyone have a Bluetooth record player to connect to Sonos speakers? Thinking of simplifying my setup some.
Never used one (or heard one) myself, but there is an audio technica blue tooth record player. They are a fixture in the entry level market so if going that route I’d be confident in that brand. Wether it connects with Sonos I don’t know, but I can’t imagine it wouldn’t connect to any Bluetooth. Nothing wrong with simplifying. Realistically you either need a **** of an ear or pretty big budget to have a major experience changing effect once you get beyond a suitcase record player anyway.

Never used one (or heard one) myself, but there is an audio technica blue tooth record player. They are a fixture in the entry level market so if going that route I’d be confident in that brand. Wether it connects with Sonos I don’t know, but I can’t imagine it wouldn’t connect to any Bluetooth. Nothing wrong with simplifying. Realistically you either need a **** of an ear or pretty big budget to have a major experience changing effect once you get beyond a suitcase record player anyway.
The shame is I have a pretty decent setup. I have a mid level Pro-ject table and PSB speakers. Nothing insane but definitely mid level.

Advertisement
The shame is I have a pretty decent setup. I have a mid level Pro-ject table and PSB speakers. Nothing insane but definitely mid level.
Are you running through a receiver or player directly to amp/speakers currently? May also just want to look at a blue tooth receiver.

Player -> preamp -> receiver -> speakers.

I am probably going to wind up holding off for now. It seems like a big undertaking to get all this figured out, when I could maybe just get some holes cut in the built in.

Advertisement
Not a hip hop head but I'm a old school mambo head and the vinyl from 60s/70s recordings is incredible to listen to.

Advertisement
Gave the 45rpm from Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions a listen a day after it turned 20 years old. One of the very best light Sunday morning jazz vocal albums. As always, anything from Chad Kassem is gold and would be of the best an album will ever sound.

Norah_Jones_-_Come_Away_With_Me.jpg

I have like 2,000 something records... Mostly classic Deep House, Tech House, and some Trance. Some old school Hip hop is also mixed in there for good measure.
Nice, do you have it catalogued? Discogs?

Advertisement
Back