Vincent Testaverde

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
Said he is transferring from Texas Tech to be closer to home (Tampa). I think he played 1 game last year as a RS Freshman, not great stats but not terrible, maybe he would transfer in to Miami since we really need depth and just the fact of who his dad is?

I would have to think it would be Miami, USF, FAU, UCF, or maybe Florida. Depending on whether he would accept being a backup, he would have been a career backup at TTU, maybe it's worth a shot, idk if he would have to sit out or not he may get clearance from the coach to play right away since we wouldn't be playing TTU anyway.

Advertisement
Said he is transferring from Texas Tech to be closer to home (Tampa). I think he played 1 game last year as a RS Freshman, not great stats but not terrible, maybe he would transfer in to Miami since we really need depth and just the fact of who his dad is?

I would have to think it would be Miami, USF, FAU, UCF, or maybe Florida. Depending on whether he would accept being a backup, he would have been a career backup at TTU, maybe it's worth a shot, idk if he would have to sit out or not he may get clearance from the coach to play right away since we wouldn't be playing TTU anyway.

You know that's not how that works right?

USF most likely they need QBs and they are going to a spread.

It can work like that, it rarely ever happens but it can. I used to be an AD assistant at Tennessee Tech and dealt with this several times when kids would transfer within D1 and I would have to ask the coach of their sport if he would directly clear them or if he wanted NCAA to make the decision.. only once did the coach ever clear a kid to be eligible the following year

About all sports have a one time exception rule but football doesn't, and their are rare occasions where the coach can sign a clearance once the player decides which school he is going to. If it was Miami or even USF or whatever it could happen because the only chance we would have of playing them is in a bowl game. Like I said it is rare and the coach probably wont consider it but it could happen

Advertisement

It can work like that, it rarely ever happens but it can. I used to be an AD assistant at Tennessee Tech and dealt with this several times when kids would transfer within D1 and I would have to ask the coach of their sport if he would directly clear them or if he wanted NCAA to make the decision.. only once did the coach ever clear a kid to be eligible the following year

The coach doesn't make the decision if the player sits out. That's a decision made the NCAA. Unless the player is graduating, they have to sit out a year. Unless they don't go to e Div-1 program like Olsen who will be eligible next season.

Saw some video of him in HS. Not bad, but highlights always look good. Don't know if it would be worth it for him or for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Al Golden just started following him on Twitter so he might be coming to Miami.
I swear Al Golden be reading this website lol. He gets his recruiting tips from us.

just in case he is ...offer Archer, Redwine, Julius, and Hoggins

And Fenton

C'mon guys you know it doesnt work like that. it has to be a 6'2 Freshman walk on that show potential not an actual stud who is worthy of a scholarship.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back