Vince Wilfork - on Behind the U Podcast 9/21/2023

SFbayCane

All American
Great interview!! He spends time talking about his time at UM and then gets real. He goes into what was happening in his personal life when he was at UM.

Ya know, its a very bizarre feeling when you lose your second parent. I was 37 years old when I lost my second parent 20 years ago. I was well established in life by then (personally and professionally), yet I remember wandering around for months feeling like an adult orphan.

Vince lost both him mother and father within six months of each other during his sophomore year at UM. Vince goes into detail about time. Again, I was 37 when I lost my second parent, I cannot imagine having to experience that at 19.

Well worth the listen for both some rah rah Canes stuff and some very hard hitting, real life content.

Advertisement
vince.jpg
VW.jpeg

VW 2.jpg
VW3.jpg

Vince lost both him mother and father within six months of each other during his sophomore year at UM. Vince goes into detail about time. Again, I was 37 when I lost my second parent, I cannot imagine having to experience that at 19.
Nothing in life prepares you for losing family.

I was 20 and lost both of my grandparents, people that I've seen every day because they lived in the same house, within a month. I could've easily made the argument that I could've seen it coming, but the moment it happens, it's just emptiness that remains.

Advertisement
Back