Vilma on the Raiders-Eagles broadcast (Canes related not OT)

Negro-Wan Kanobi

I got the force.... on hood
Premium
I didn't want to start a thread, but I just had to share. Johnathan Vilma was talking about Derek Carr as the Eagles were getting sodomized on TV by Carr. Not verbatim, but Vilma said that Derek Carr wanted to be a Miami Hurricane and Ken Dorsey was his inspiration.

More reasons why need to purge the athletic department. All of these stories about Bridgewater, Lamar Jackson, Landon Collins, etc... men who wanted to be Canes... but the ineptitude of our unathletic department.... made me mad.

Advertisement
I forgot who got caught editing their rankings years after the fact but I’m pretty sure 247 does it too.

They show Carrs only offer was Fresno st but they had him as a 4 star 300 player. There was someone else I saw in the past I can’t remember their name it was crazy though.

Lamar/Teddy comparison to this is comparing apples to platanos. Carr went to Fresno St, not even a pac 12 school but we were supposed to take him? Miami recruiting department is **** but I can’t blame a 2009 staff for missing on a kid who went to Fresno st and schools like Cal/UCLA weren’t even on in their back yard.

I didn't want to start a thread, but I just had to share. Johnathan Vilma was talking about Derek Carr as the Eagles were getting sodomized on TV by Carr. Not verbatim, but Vilma said that Derek Carr wanted to be a Miami Hurricane and Ken Dorsey was his inspiration.

More reasons why need to purge the athletic department. All of these stories about Bridgewater, Lamar Jackson, Landon Collins, etc... men who wanted to be Canes... but the ineptitude of our unathletic department.... made me mad.

Bridgewater was never coming here after Randy Shannon was fired. Never.

Advertisement
I forgot who got caught editing their rankings years after the fact but I’m pretty sure 247 does it too.

They show Carrs only offer was Fresno st but they had him as a 4 star 300 player. There was someone else I saw in the past I can’t remember their name it was crazy though.

Lamar/Teddy comparison to this is comparing apples to platanos. Carr went to Fresno St, not even a pac 12 school but we were supposed to take him? Miami recruiting department is **** but I can’t blame a 2009 staff for missing on a kid who went to Fresno st and schools like Cal/UCLA weren’t even on in their back yard.
247sports scrapes data from other websites. They never rated Derek Carr and instead pulled data from other websites on how he is rated. All of their old entries are data scrapes and they have invested a lot in prevent others from scrapping them.

247sports scrapes data from other websites. They never rated Derek Carr and instead pulled data from other websites on how he is rated. All of their old entries are data scrapes and they have invested a lot in prevent others from scrapping them.
Are you referring to the composite rankings? Not sure what you mean by scrapes.

This is the most played out thing about Miami. Back in the day everyone wanted to play for Miami. H*ll most guys still do bc it’s cool and it’s in Miami. But if they weren’t good enough, who cares? Just bc they developed in college and made it to the next level, doesn’t mean it was a miss on Miami’s part.

Advertisement
This is the most played out thing about Miami. Back in the day everyone wanted to play for Miami. H*ll most guys still do bc it’s cool and it’s in Miami. But if they weren’t good enough, who cares? Just bc they developed in college and made it to the next level, doesn’t mean it was a miss on Miami’s part.
Yep. Aaron Rodgers wanted to go to FSU. **** happens.

Tbf it seems everyone "wanted" to be a Cane. There are a ton of recruits that say that Miami is their dream offer and we recruit really hard yet they still end up elsewhere.

Wanting to come and actually signing are two different things. While he didn't end up going to a powerhouse like Georgia or Alabama that is usually where those type of "dream offer" kids go when we recruit them, he did go to his hometown team.

Advertisement

I remember those Pat Hill coached Fresno State teams... if any program resembled the renegade 80s Miami teams, it was the nineties Pat Hill's Fresno teams. Disrespected and hated by the storied PAC 10 programs,
Aggressive, initmidating headhunters, played hard and fast with a chip on their shoulders.

Advertisement
Back