Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Advertisement
Wow. That is so cool! I am from England originally and being a female I didn’t really get a chance to play a lot of the higher impact sports. I did tennis and some footy (soccer) but nothing else. No rugby or the like but even growing up I watched some European Football... I think the Galaxy and Fire were my two favourite teams so I was very sad when that league ended and the only real football I got to watch was when the teams would play their games at Wembley a time or two a year. Coming to the US wasn’t really my choice but it let me get more involved in football from a fan perspective and as I said, I met some great guys during my time at UGA and I am honoured to still be friends with a few of them and grateful they taught me some of the basics because I didn’t even understand all the positions on the field when I watched back in England! On the part of getting video games as an incentive for good grades? That is so cool! My parents were similar though they never really let me play any games that weren’t rated E so I missed out on a loooot of great older games. Thankfully when I was 14 I started being able to buy my own games but before then, yeah, same deal... My parents strictly controlled what I played... Well, minus MMOs. For some reason a game where I can interact with a bunch of strangers who were way older than me without filters as a 12 years old girl was A O K with them! Go figure... That is so neat that you were ‘pretty good’ at a high school level! I cannot imagine what it is like for these kids, all this attention, all this pressure and all the spotlights, knowing the decision they make will possibly impact them for the next decade or two... My best friend is in the NFL now and he was not very highly rated coming out of HS but he talked about his recruitment and it still sounded insane. What was it like for you, the pressure and such? How did you deal with it?

My family is from Clacton on sea

Ah one of those beachside towns! Nice to hear from you again 5rings. I did try to send you a PM on here but I don’t think I did it right. What have you been up to?

I checked my recent pms and I didn't see any!

Same ole bruv just working and playing some divinity. Everything all good your way?!

Advertisement
I checked my recent pms and I didn't see any!

Same ole bruv just working and playing some divinity. Everything all good your way?!
Seems to be, thus far! Thank you for asking~ Starting my new job on the 3rd. So hyped! Nervous as **** but very excited. Let me try again, can you tell me how to PM on here? I swear I am not inept at technology, just social media xD xD

Seems to be, thus far! Thank you for asking~ Starting my new job on the 3rd. So hyped! Nervous as **** but very excited. Let me try again, can you tell me how to PM on here? I swear I am not inept at technology, just social media xD xD

Ay congrats! Good vibes for the first day bro! I'll shoot ya a pm.

Advertisement
I have heard very good things about that. Certainly one of those PS exclusives I am hoping makes it’s way to Steam at some point in the next year or so! What do you think about it so far?
Im having a blast! I'm about 6-7 Hours in, the graphics look Next Gen and the game play is some of my favorite I've played in a while. Some games when you're killing loads of enemies it can get a little boring, but not here! Every fight is exciting

Im having a blast! I'm about 6-7 Hours in, the graphics look Next Gen and the game play is some of my favorite I've played in a while. Some games when you're killing loads of enemies it can get a little boring, but not here! Every fight is exciting
Always a very tricky concept for a game to get right. Pace of play and number of enemies in any given engagement matter immensely. Large reason why most brawlers to me just do not feel rewarding enough. I am guessing that Ghost of Tsushima had very good feedback, animation variety/details and impact with the combat to make going through what is effectively the same combat loop (because you are sadly limited when it comes to more historically accurate games) enjoyable. That is wonderful to hear. I have heard the visuals stand on their own which speaks volumes to the art direction and the overall dedication and talent of the team working on it with the limited hardware of the PS4. I will be very interested to see what they might work on for the PS5 because they will at least have more VRAM, an SSD and a better processor to work with. Would you say it’s more of a brawler/hack n slash or a RPG? I admit being quite ignorant with console exclusives, seeing as how I cannot play them xD

Always a very tricky concept for a game to get right. Pace of play and number of enemies in any given engagement matter immensely. Large reason why most brawlers to me just do not feel rewarding enough. I am guessing that Ghost of Tsushima had very good feedback, animation variety/details and impact with the combat to make going through what is effectively the same combat loop (because you are sadly limited when it comes to more historically accurate games) enjoyable. That is wonderful to hear. I have heard the visuals stand on their own which speaks volumes to the art direction and the overall dedication and talent of the team working on it with the limited hardware of the PS4. I will be very interested to see what they might work on for the PS5 because they will at least have more VRAM, an SSD and a better processor to work with. Would you say it’s more of a brawler/hack n slash or a RPG? I admit being quite ignorant with console exclusives, seeing as how I cannot play them xD
Hack and Slash, but you got to be strategic and wait for openings. It's extremely easy to get overwhelmed by enemies and die in this game.

Hack and Slash, but you got to be strategic and wait for openings. It's extremely easy to get overwhelmed by enemies and die in this game.
Ah, very nice. So a precision style akin to something close to Dark Souls but maybe slightly more like Jedi: Fallen Order? I love that concept in, I would imagine, later feudal Japan? Meiji restoration? Either way that sounds amazing! Doubly hoping it comes out on PC at some point now. Do you play anything else or do you like to dedicate to a game and finish it before moving on?

Advertisement
Ah, very nice. So a precision style akin to something close to Dark Souls but maybe slightly more like Jedi: Fallen Order? I love that concept in, I would imagine, later feudal Japan? Meiji restoration? Either way that sounds amazing! Doubly hoping it comes out on PC at some point now. Do you play anything else or do you like to dedicate to a game and finish it before moving on?
Yeah similar to a Jedi fallen order but you can also use Bows,Bombs and other techniques. Yeah I will strictly only play one game until I beat it.

Last edited:
Yeah similar to a Jedi fallen order but you can always use Bows,Bombs and other techniques. Yeah I will strictly only play one game until I beat it.
Love that approach and comparison. Sounds phenomenal and I hope the game is that enjoyable and even gets more so as you keep playing it. That is the difference between a really good game and a GOTY contender. I wish I were that dedicated. Sadly for what I do on the side I cannot sit down very often and play through an entire game. Especially not one that is the length of a standard story-driven title. Though I do carve out time for those can’t-miss titles or ones I am particularly interested in... Like Cyberpunk and Marvel’s Avengers!

Advertisement
Anyone see the new Halo gameplay? Looks awesome!
Talked a little about this in my above comment but I liked what I saw. It should make the more traditional players of Halo very happy with the return of larger maps, the introduction of a pseudo open-world and a reversion back to Halo 3’s overall art direction and design. Overall though, I was interested from a gameplay perspective. I do hope we get a higher fidelity gameplay snippet at some point soon though, just my personal opinion.

The Dr. Disrespect twitch thread showed there's enough losers like me still playing video games. The FFVII remake is the best I played all year. Was anyone else as thoroughly disappointed with Last of Us Part II as I was?

I hated the first one 3 hours in so didn’t bother with the second. Been on a days gone kick lately but it’s getting boring just going on fetch missions. Need another RDR2 type game.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is Ghost of Tsushima worth the buy? I’m a huge fan of Medieval-styled, open-world role playing games.

Skyrim and Oblivion are my all time favorites.

What’s the consensus?

Careful with your gamertags fellas.... when I began playing MW2 I created an account Nolekiller24 bc we kills noles then I got f**kin known as nole 🤦‍♂️. I play Apex Legends on xbox one x now if anyone ever wanna squad up, im decent lol.

Advertisement
Back