Video: Richt and Diaz after practice (ND Week)

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
[TWEET]791309319048458240[/TWEET]

[TWEET]791309862776995842[/TWEET]

[TWEET]791310665906528257[/TWEET]

[TWEET]791312229845073920[/TWEET]

[TWEET]791313447585615872[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Reporter - "Any thought to giving Gus or Travis more looks?"
Richt - "No, I' think we've got the right backs in there"

That's not good.

Let's face it Canes are still work in progress. It took Auburn a while to figure out their team this year. Are we mirror image?

Let's face it Canes are still work in progress. It took Auburn a while to figure out their team this year. Are we mirror image?

Gus was smart enough to fire himself as OC. Hopefully, it won't take Rick so long to do the same.

Advertisement
Advertisement
if you guys think gus is going to be the savior of the offense you are as inept as richts play calling

No one is saying or thinking Gus is the "Savior".

Look at it this way - if 70% of our passes to TE's went to Dobard, and 30% to Njoku/Herndon - you'd say wtf is Richt doing, right??

No one is saying Njoku or Herndon is a "Savior", but they're obviously better than Dobard.

Same thing with the RB's. We're giving it to Walton 70% of the time instead of Gus and Yearby. So wtf is Richt doing?? It's not that the guys behind Walton are All-Americans, but they are obviously better.

It's about the staff recognizing and using talent correctly. It's about getting your best players on the field, so that you give your team the best chance to win.

if you guys think gus is going to be the savior of the offense you are as inept as richts play calling

No one is saying or thinking Gus is the "Savior".

Look at it this way - if 70% of our passes to TE's went to Dobard, and 30% to Njoku/Herndon - you'd say wtf is Richt doing, right??

No one is saying Njoku or Herndon is a "Savior", but they're obviously better than Dobard.

Same thing with the RB's. We're giving it to Walton 70% of the time instead of Gus and Yearby. So wtf is Richt doing?? It's not that the guys behind Walton are All-Americans, but they are obviously better.

It's about the staff recognizing and using talent correctly. It's about getting your best players on the field, so that you give your team the best chance to win.

Remember when Ivan Mercer started ahead of Jeremy Shockey? Dyrall McMillan started in front of Edgerrin James. These guys would have you believe coaches are infallible in choosing who gets more reps.

That's not good.

Dont matter who they put in when the o-line aint blocking ****.

Yearby does better than Waltons behind the same exact OL. So it does matter who they put in there.

Exactly. 1 RB is averaging 3.2 ypc in the last 4 games, the other RB is averaging 6.2. 1 RB has a long run of 14 yards in the last 4 games, the other has 2 40+ yd runs in his last 10 carries.

So is it the OL, or the RB's? Seems like a fairly simple answer, but just saying "it's the OL" is much easier

Advertisement

That's not good.

Did you not listen to the rest when he said Gus was practicing well and could get some playing time?

That's not good.

Yearby does better than Waltons behind the same exact OL. So it does matter who they put in there.

Yearby should be the main back. Walton runs hard and has speed but 0 vision.

I'm really curious to see Homer get some work. Gus is a 235lb back who runs like he's 135.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not good.

I'm really curious to see Homer get some work. Gus is a 235lb back who runs like he's 135.

I hate that stereotype of Gus. Yes, at times he doesn't lower his pad level. Yes, at times he does more dancing than he should. But a majority of the time he's bringing more power & speed to his runs than either Walton or Yearby.

Advertisement

That's not good.

I hate that stereotype of Gus. Yes, at times he doesn't lower his pad level. Yes, at times he does more dancing than he should. But a majority of the time he's bringing more power & speed to his runs than either Walton or Yearby.

Give me some video evidence of Gus actually running someone over or pushing the pile in short yardage.

Show me, because I haven't seen it.

Advertisement
Back