VIDEO: Dontae Lucas workout

Advertisement
heard Miami High will have a good running game this year, now I see a reason why.

Wheres he leaning [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION]

Miami
carlton.gif

I like the raw materials. Are the maxpreps measurables accurate? 6'4" 320? ... From the workout, I think his biggest challenge will be conditioning and avoiding putting on bad weight. He has great natural foot speed for his size. But I could him tell he was tiring out as he ran the footwork drills in the video. If he can improve his energy levels through S&C, he can be a force.

He's at 340 now but his OL coach wants him to drop about 20 before the season.

Do you think he can drop two backpacks worth of weight like that?

Advertisement
I like the raw materials. Are the maxpreps measurables accurate? 6'4" 320? ... From the workout, I think his biggest challenge will be conditioning and avoiding putting on bad weight. He has great natural foot speed for his size. But I could him tell he was tiring out as he ran the footwork drills in the video. If he can improve his energy levels through S&C, he can be a force.

He's at 340 now but his OL coach wants him to drop about 20 before the season.

Sorry if you mentioned this already but can you let us know why he wanted to leave BTW? Seems odd. Was this a situation where he wanted to play with childhood friends in the neighborhood or did he move? Miami High isnt known for being a football powerhouse..

Sedrick Irvin is now the head coach over there.

Moves like Freeman Brown from the 90s.

As a side note, is that former WWF star El Gigante that Lucas is doing drills with?

Advertisement
freeman brown, lol. AA offensive lineman who did nothing here. along with zev lumelski.

miami high got some coaches from btw i believe as well..so why he moved over. Big Kid...good feet.....

Miami High has a kid even bigger than him

Advertisement
Advertisement
I absolutely love our renewed focus on the OL. Keep stacking chips like Donaldson, Hebert, Gaynor, Scaife, Reed and Lucas and soon we will be able to open a CERN like portal into offensive dimensions the likes of which we've never seen.

I realize this isn't profound, but that's a **** big 16 year old. **** if all those kids in the video weren't huge.

He moves like Mr. Jaws from the old James Bond movies. I don't see those great feet you guys see. Maybe his athleticism needs to catch up with his growth. He's a giant at that age.

I'll tell you one thing for sure. A responsible adult needs to keep tabs on his eating because he could wind up getting out of control like that Aaron Gibson dude from Wisconsin several years ago. He's way too heavy at that age, and gigantic kids like that can quickly get way out of control with their eating.

Advertisement
Back