Victory celebration

OrangeCane

Freshman
Anyone have a link that's not on ESPN3 to the trophy presentation and championship celebration? Of all the days for ESPN3 to not work for me...

Advertisement
Anyone else notice in one of the videos that Reggie was the only player that congratulated NC, while the rest of the team was celebrating in the middle of the court. I give him a lot of respect for doing that before celebrating, yet again, I wish he were a stronger link in the chain.

Couple pics of us celebrating the win this afternoon.

Let me tell you, that was a total road win today, as well as yesterday. It's absolutely criminal that the ACC Tourney is played in the most non-neutral site that caters to all the Carolina schools. Miami had, at best, maybe 700 fans total scattered around the arena. UNC Had easily several thousand.

159.jpg

160.jpg

I was too far away to post the actual floor celebrations. I'll see what I can scrounge up on my iPhone.

Advertisement
As much as I despise FSU, I'm glad they won it last year since I know the Carolina fans (Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake) don't think basketball is played outside their **** state.

Let me tell you, that was a total road win today, as well as yesterday. It's absolutely criminal that the ACC Tourney is played in the most non-neutral site that caters to all the Carolina schools. Miami had, at best, maybe 700 fans total scattered around the arena. UNC Had easily several thousand.

159.jpg

160.jpg

I was too far away to post the actual floor celebrations. I'll see what I can scrounge up on my iPhone.

I don't have a problem with having the ACC Hoops tourney in North Carolina.
That state is ground-zero for ACC hoops, and it is supported well as most of the conference schools
and fan-base are located relatively close, within a few hours drive.
We tried having ACC Conference championships in other sports outside of North Carolina, and that
was a joke (see baseball in Jacksonville).
Anyways, that atmosphere was great for our kids...prep them for what is coming next week and (hopefully)
beyond.

Finally, thanks for sharing the pics.

As much as I despise FSU, I'm glad they won it last year since I know the Carolina fans (Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake) don't think basketball is played outside their **** state.

You should have seen it inside the arena. Anytime Miami was putting together a run, all the **** UNC fans would stand up and try to cheer as loud as they could to shift momentum. They acted like it was Game 7 of the NBA finals.

UNC fans are some of the most arrogant and pompous fans. They act as if basketball was born in Carolina and they deserve, as a God-given right, to be in the ACC finals year in and year out. They were actually talking **** to us before the game, asking us how nervous we were. At first I was puzzled, or it just could have been my major hangover. Then I realized they weren't joking around....they were being serious. I just kind of looked at all my friends, and was like, they do realize we just won the conference out-right and we beat these clowns twice this season, most recently where we kicked the **** out of them by 26.

Advertisement
great game today and what a way weve been closing out teams late this tournament. looks like those upsets at the end of the year certainly helped this team and all we needed was a little motivation (and not playing acc bottom feeders) to get this team back to the level they were at. UNC was on fire today and we withstood it all and put it away. TMJ hit some big shots, brown hit some as well. Gamble, Larkin, Scott, Kadji cant say enough bout them. Cheers to a hopefully equally successful march run to Atlanta!

Advertisement
Cutting down the nets:

[video=youtube;chaI40kytjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chaI40kytjM[/video]

Trey interview:

[video=youtube;swuoc_ZBG0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swuoc_ZBG0c[/video]

Advertisement

159.jpg

160.jpg

Being the 1 seed and needing to play 2 road games in a row to win the tourney is bull****, but it is great prep from the NCAAs, where we are very unlikely to see such hostile crowds. Interested to see if the ACC tourney eventually moves with Pitt and Syracuse coming in. Would love to see it moved to MSG.

Being the 1 seed and needing to play 2 road games in a row to win the tourney is bull****, but it is great prep from the NCAAs, where we are very unlikely to see such hostile crowds. Interested to see if the ACC tourney eventually moves with Pitt and Syracuse coming in. Would love to see it moved to MSG.

The UNC game had a much more intense atmosphere than the NC State game. It was a furious pace. The NC State game, we had the luxury of playing a team that was noticeably stale and tired. Seing that UNC hasn't won the ACC title since '08, and had lost the past 2 seasons in a row in the finals, they were craving a victory in the worst way possible. There were cheering like mad-men after each run, trying to pump up their squad. Each time though, it was either TMJ, Larkin, or Gamble make a huge play to neutralize the momentum. That right their gives me extreme confidence heading into the tourney. I can't imagine any crowd, outside of the final 4 possibly, being that heavily skewed to one team.

For me personally, I would like to see the tourney moved to the Verizon Center (old MCI Center) in DC where the Wizards play. Now that Maryland isn't in the conference, that would be the best location to serve both the new northern squads rolling in next year as well as all the current teams, including FSU and us. There might be a slight home-field advantage for either UVa or VaTech, but nothing close to what is being garnered in Greensboro or Charlotte with all the Carolina squads.

The UNC game had a much more intense atmosphere than the NC State game. It was a furious pace. The NC State game, we had the luxury of playing a team that was noticeably stale and tired. Seing that UNC hasn't won the ACC title since '08, and had lost the past 2 seasons in a row in the finals, they were craving a victory in the worst way possible. There were cheering like mad-men after each run, trying to pump up their squad. Each time though, it was either TMJ, Larkin, or Gamble make a huge play to neutralize the momentum. That right their gives me extreme confidence heading into the tourney. I can't imagine any crowd, outside of the final 4 possibly, being that heavily skewed to one team.

For me personally, I would like to see the tourney moved to the Verizon Center (old MCI Center) in DC where the Wizards play. Now that Maryland isn't in the conference, that would be the best location to serve both the new northern squads rolling in next year as well as all the current teams, including FSU and us. There might be a slight home-field advantage for either UVa or VaTech, but nothing close to what is being garnered in Greensboro or Charlotte with all the Carolina squads.

I would love to see it at the Phone Booth (Says the guy that lives 23 minutes away on the metro)

Advertisement
Back