Very positive Anthony McFarland update

The reason Maryland felt it had a good shot at Mcfarland was he officially visited there 12-2 and then went back on 12-9 for an unofficial,that's usually a good sign.

CJ Henderson laughs at all those visits meaning something

I think it's a little different,Henderson visited mostly in the off season when he was a commit,he's not visiting us much these days is he.

From what people have been saying he is still going on campus all the time.

He's visited multiple times since decommiting

Advertisement
Maryland does have a crowded backfield. Miami only has a couple of guys. He love Miami since the summer. Thomas Brown secured him.

That they do, but don't let the truth get in the way of uninformed opinions.

Their leading rusher ran for over 9 yards a pop (1k rusher) and has a couple hundred receiving yards. He's going to be a junior, much like Walton.

Their second leading rusher went for over 7 yards a pop, 600 plus, and is a Frosh.

Some other guys had several hundred yards as well.

We've got Walton, Homer, and Burns for sure. Gus, we'll see what he does. Either way, on either squad, you still have to learn plays, blocking assignments, and Maryland has more people already familiar with the offense.

I'm not saying he couldn't pass up some people, but our depth chart is far more favorable and we have one proven (nowhere near those rushing yards per play though) compared to their two.

Maryland does have a crowded backfield. Miami only has a couple of guys. He love Miami since the summer. Thomas Brown secured him.

They might have a lot of RBs but that doesnt mean any of them are better than Mcfarland if he were to enroll there.
Coming here he has no shot of starting over Walton.
Homer is also likely better than all their RBs too. So sure there may not be as many RBs to compete with here, but the talent of those he will have to compete with is significantly better.

They might have a lot of RBs but that doesnt mean any of them are better than Mcfarland if he were to enroll there.
Coming here he has no shot of starting over Walton.
Homer is also likely better than all their RBs too. So sure there may not be as many RBs to compete with here, but the talent of those he will have to compete with is significantly better.

I'll wait to see Homer play RB here 1st to claim he's better than all the Maryland RBs,Ty Johnson is a very good bakc,had over 200 yds on just 7 carries in their bowl game as a true sophmore .

And half you guys thought he was Maryland bound when you heard they tryin to hire his HS coach...LOL

Advertisement
if he picks Miami its not gonna be because he's scared to compete with the RBs they have on their roster......

That's what everyone will say though.

He's gonna play the slot next season to get on the field if he can stay healthy and Burns will be playing FB.

It could be: Richards, Njoku, McFarland, Walton, Burns, & Herndon on the field at once, with whomever else decides to commit between now and NSD competing for PT.

From Maryland 247 insider.
Strong crystal ball run to Miami for him

Natl 84 Pos 3 State2

Predictions:
Miami76%Maryland21%Georgia3%
Full Profile
I've put in my Miami pick for McFarland. Per a very reliable source close to McFarland, the Hurricanes are sitting in a very good spot for him ahead of his Jan 25th decision. So what happened to Maryland? The Terrapins had the buzz and felt that he was theirs-to-lose following his Dec 2nd official and even moreso after his Dec 9th official. AAR is very close with both McFarland and his father, but the Terps have work to do if they want to change his mind. Won't get into specifics, but there area lot of questions whether McFarland earns early playing time at Maryland with Leake, Tayon Fleet-Davis, Lorenzo Harrison, Ty Johnson, Jake Funk and Ladarrien Wilson. The Terps did a good job of how they'd use other RBs with McFarland, but it sounds like after some talks within the family, Maryland may not be the best shot for him.

VIP Note: McFarland

I told you Brock; seriously man some of y'all aren't built for recruiting.

How many **** times do I have to tell y'all he's a silent commit? He's BEEN a silent commit. McFarland will be a CANE. I can't wait to see him on the field.

Stop telling them Swag I work with his mother at NHS last year. Dematha is not even 5 miles from NHS. What's funny is these punks porsters always crying. I'm done confirming. You should have said he gone.. Make these **** ****** sweat next time.

cuz then you'd both be cool

I'm not sure there has been anything except positive regarding McFarland and Miami. At this point if would be an epic fail if we don't land him..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back