Off-Topic Very OT: LA Trip Advice

Sup y’all, group of friends and I (all of drinking age) are heading to LA in a few weeks for a 4-day trip. Wanted some travel tips and advice from people who know Los Angeles well. West coast Canes, travel connoisseurs, anyone that can offer good insight would be much appreciated. This is our first time going there and we’re celebrating one of our friends’ bdays so we want it to be as memorable as possible despite COVID and such.

We’re staying in the South Bay region near Lawndale and we’re renting a car. In terms of food, obviously Inn n Out and Mexican is a must, heard Ktown is insane for Korean food obviously, but any other suggestions are more than welcome (especially hidden gems as opposed to the tourist traps). Attractions like the walk of fame, Venice beach and whatnot go without saying, also would be dope to check out staples center, etc.

Any and all suggestions/tips/local knowledge would be greatly appreciated, LA is huge so we need all the help we can get lol. #BeatUVA and Go Canes!
Bring a mask and wear it, people take it seriously out here. Won't let you in if you don't wear one.

If you're in South Bay the closest spots to you will be Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach. Last time I went, nobody gave a crap if you were walking around with an open container. Just don't be obvious. Lots of outdoor places to drink and stuff.

Century City Mall is awesome.

Huntington Beach and OC are cool but get kind of boring in my opinion compared to the rest of LA.

If you can find the Kogi BBQ truck... Roy Choi's korean/mexican fusion.

Cactus Taqueira on Vine and Santa Monica is my favorite taco spot. Others might disagree.

If you're into french bistro food my favorite restaurant is Republique on Labrea.

You can go into any weed store and buy without a medical card. Med Men is super expensive so go there as a last resort.

For shopping check out Bev Hill for high end stuff... and then Melrose Ave between Labrea and Fairfax if you want to be around all the hype beasts.

West Hollywood is really nice... the **** keep it real nice and clean. Check out EP&LP for a rooftop spot. Gracias Madre for Vegan Mexican and scoping out pretty women. Reservations fill up quick though.

Downtown LA is dope for rooftop spots with views. Love the Standard Hotel downtown but haven't been in awhile. Might be far for you though.

Alta Adams for chef driven soul food in West Adams. Not too expensive either. Good wine list too.

Definitely go online and make some reservations for outdoor dining because places fill up quick.

Advertisement
If you want great Cuban food, hit up Moros which is located in the city of La Habra, it's off of Harbor Blvd. If you want great chicken and waffles, hit up Roscoes Chicken and Waffles in Anaheim. The best Tortas in SoCal would be Tortas Sinaloa located in Corona (Riverside County). Hit up any of the King Taco locations for some bomb *** tacos. If you have time hit up the closest Portos Bakery. I'm thinking Buena Park might be the one that is open. Have fun and enjoy the massive COVID restrictions.

The only way I’d go to Cali is to take a crap...pass.....
I understand theirs plenty of that out there...just pull over to an empty spot on the sidewalk (don’t step on any needles) and just unload. Very convenient, you don’t have to ask the nearest gas station. Tip: bring a roll of TP with you and some hand sanitizer.

Advertisement
Back