Off-Topic Very OT: LA Trip Advice

clarkyboy_21

#patriayvida
Sup y’all, group of friends and I (all of drinking age) are heading to LA in a few weeks for a 4-day trip. Wanted some travel tips and advice from people who know Los Angeles well. West coast Canes, travel connoisseurs, anyone that can offer good insight would be much appreciated. This is our first time going there and we’re celebrating one of our friends’ bdays so we want it to be as memorable as possible despite COVID and such.

We’re staying in the South Bay region near Lawndale and we’re renting a car. In terms of food, obviously Inn n Out and Mexican is a must, heard Ktown is insane for Korean food obviously, but any other suggestions are more than welcome (especially hidden gems as opposed to the tourist traps). Attractions like the walk of fame, Venice beach and whatnot go without saying, also would be dope to check out staples center, etc.

Any and all suggestions/tips/local knowledge would be greatly appreciated, LA is huge so we need all the help we can get lol. #BeatUVA and Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tons of great stuff in the city, although with everything being outdoors right now I’m not sure who is doing what. Boyle Heights for tacos, specifically Mariscos Jalisco. New trend that everyone is in on right now is Birreria. If you have one blowout meal you cant go wrong with Republique in Mid-Wilshire. Since you only have 4 days and are staying south I’d say plan one day in LA proper and try to hit Mexican for lunch and Republique or KTown for dinner. The Line hotel in KTown has a cool outdoor bar if you’re looking for a good-but-overpriced ****tail while you’re over there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sup y’all, group of friends and I (all of drinking age) are heading to LA in a few weeks for a 4-day trip. Wanted some travel tips and advice from people who know Los Angeles well. West coast Canes, travel connoisseurs, anyone that can offer good insight would be much appreciated. This is our first time going there and we’re celebrating one of our friends’ bdays so we want it to be as memorable as possible despite COVID and such.

We’re staying in the South Bay region near Lawndale and we’re renting a car. In terms of food, obviously Inn n Out and Mexican is a must, heard Ktown is insane for Korean food obviously, but any other suggestions are more than welcome (especially hidden gems as opposed to the tourist traps). Attractions like the walk of fame, Venice beach and whatnot go without saying, also would be dope to check out staples center, etc.

Any and all suggestions/tips/local knowledge would be greatly appreciated, LA is huge so we need all the help we can get lol. #BeatUVA and Go Canes!
Remember that CA has low round limits on box mags. Sorry, but haven't been to CA in so many years, it was the best I could add. Enjoy and be careful.

As mentioned above, LA is Yuge. I love LA. But, you got pick a travel plan that sees some key highlights without driving around all day on the freeways. Some thoughts:

* stay mostly coastal. No other big city (other than Miami) has such spectacular beaches
* Venice is cool. See muscle beach where Arnold and many other bodybuilders made their careers. Rent a bike and cruise the boardwalk up to Santa Monica pier and beyond. Abott Kinney is the cool street in Venice. Check out the stores and food trucks.
* Santa Monica is a Westside hub. 3rd Ave is a pedestrian outdoor strip of 7-8 blocks of action
* go inland on Wilshire Blvd to Westwood. That’s the UCLA neighborhood. Upscale and lively
* continue on Wilshire to Beverly Hills. Walk Rodeo Drive just for the vibe. Drive up towards the Beverly Hills Hotel to see where the stars live. Lush landscape and palm trees.
* continue on Wilshire further east to Korea Town. Well worth sharing Korean food that your whole group cooks at your table. Vibrant and fun
*Find Sunset Blvd and cruise through West Hollywood till you see the Hollywood sign and the Griffith Observatory. Drive up the hill to the Observatory. Great view of this massive city.

Drive home and rest. Have fun.

Advertisement
As mentioned above, LA is Yuge. I love LA. But, you got pick a travel plan that sees some key highlights without driving around all day on the freeways. Some thoughts:

* stay mostly coastal. No other big city (other than Miami) has such spectacular beaches
* Venice is cool. See muscle beach where Arnold and many other bodybuilders made their careers. Rent a bike and cruise the boardwalk up to Santa Monica pier and beyond. Abott Kinney is the cool street in Venice. Check out the stores and food trucks.
* Santa Monica is a Westside hub. 3rd Ave is a pedestrian outdoor strip of 7-8 blocks of action
* go inland on Wilshire Blvd to Westwood. That’s the UCLA neighborhood. Upscale and lively
* continue on Wilshire to Beverly Hills. Walk Rodeo Drive just for the vibe. Drive up towards the Beverly Hills Hotel to see where the stars live. Lush landscape and palm trees.
* continue on Wilshire further east to Korea Town. Well worth sharing Korean food that your whole group cooks at your table. Vibrant and fun
*Find Sunset Blvd and cruise through West Hollywood till you see the Hollywood sign and the Griffith Observatory. Drive up the hill to the Observatory. Great view of this massive city.

Drive home and rest. Have fun.
Awesome, we’ll definitely try that out man much appreciated!

I can tell by the way some guys around here post, that there are alot of 3rd Base and LL Cool J fans, LOL! Enjoy,

Advertisement
Back