Very happy with the O-Line...

Advertisement
...improvement on PASS plays. King had excellent time in the pocket at least a half-dozen times but couldn't hit a primary receiver (or find a secondary read) and wasn't his usual scrambling a big gain out of nothing self...

...yes, the run game was far from excellent, and of course that makes the passing coverage more difficult. And I suppose that IS mainly the result of poor OL "push" and performance, or is that over-simplifying it?
" A half dozen times"
Somebody got the bar set pretty low!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oline definitely got beat a lot vs Clemson and Pitt. But compared to last year this is MUCH better performance out of them. Honestly I don't think they are completely at fault for too many stalled drives. Definitely think we have a good foundation and think next season our Oline will be legit good. Like if Scaife and Gaynor return I don't think it'd be crazy to say we'll have one of top ACC Olines for sure, possibly one of top in CFB if the younger guys develop.

Advertisement
Is lack of push do to poor coaching or Bc our guys just aren’t strong enough?
I wonder which one it is for us

I think we are strong enough. Just rewatch the FSU game - we were blowing them off the ball. Rammed it right down Durden and Wilson.

Was just gonna post that our oline is still our biggest problem. Zero run game. Dynamic qb getting sacked, pressured or tackled right away on runs. Ohhh, most team penalties by them. We will never be anything until they are a good group.
lousy deep passing game, especially on the sidelines....weather its the receivers or King, I'm not sure. We do better with intermediate routes over the middie, especially with the tight end.

Advertisement
I think we are strong enough. Just rewatch the FSU game - we were blowing them off the ball. Rammed it right down Durden and Wilson.
Durden just got thrown out of NC game for a brutal helmet hit of their star QB... looked a bit like an accident but he's gone at halftime. Meanwhile NC is down 31-7 crazy game, now at at half. (Looks like NC's nbr 5 ranking is gonna be old news soon.)

Wee knead a centaur
Yea! A centaur

C88ED027-4A42-493F-92FC-D00C34088624.jpeg

Advertisement
Back