Very happy with the O-Line...

jkdood

All ACC
...improvement on PASS plays. King had excellent time in the pocket at least a half-dozen times but couldn't hit a primary receiver (or find a secondary read) and wasn't his usual scrambling a big gain out of nothing self...

...yes, the run game was far from excellent, and of course that makes the passing coverage more difficult. And I suppose that IS mainly the result of poor OL "push" and performance, or is that over-simplifying it?

Advertisement
The only lineman deserving of praise is Zion. He’s far and ahead our best lineman and should be our LT. He was so good that they were moving around Weaver so he could have some effect. Weaver only had an impact when the play or Campbell imploded.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didnt see much run push from any of them.

Nelson certainly was the best of them overall, but the lack of push in the run game is really something that Justice needs to fix in the future.
Run push? He was beat one time the entire day by Weaver in run pro. What game were you watching?

Stats show 15 Tackle for Loss and 4 sacks. Agree, OL was far from great (which is why I just said "improved" on PASS block, but good to be corrected). Other than Campbell, I thought things were better than last week, but that might still mean a long long way to go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd give the OL a flat C. With Williams in there they probably improve a bit, a B- as I think he would've performed better than Nelson at RT.

Overall, good to get Nelson reps as he will play much more next season.

Was just gonna post that our oline is still our biggest problem. Zero run game. Dynamic qb getting sacked, pressured or tackled right away on runs. Ohhh, most team penalties by them. We will never be anything until they are a good group.

Lashlee is counting on that run game, because that makes the offense work.

Lets see if Donaldson lost some weight, cause his health has improved apparently.

Advertisement
Back