Very general Tickets question

keystoncecane

Recruit
Tickets...

I already did a search through existing threads but they nearly all seemed game-specific so here goes with the facts:

1. I am an alum but living in the northeast and so I have never attended a HOME game since graduation.
2. My daughter is about to start her freshman year at UM and I would like to squeeze in a game on a visit to see her.
3. I honestly just need to be in the stadium. Not gonna stress over "seat quality". But that said, if there are any considerations relative to seating that I should be aware of i would appreciate that info.

What are the best options for getting single-game tickets? One, maybe two tickets to a game.

1. Any advantages I may have available to me as an alum?
2. Any advantages my daughter may have available to her to help me as an active student?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DW
Class of '95

Advertisement
Tickets...

I already did a search through existing threads but they nearly all seemed game-specific so here goes with the facts:

1. I am an alum but living in the northeast and so I have never attended a HOME game since graduation.
2. My daughter is about to start her freshman year at UM and I would like to squeeze in a game on a visit to see her.
3. I honestly just need to be in the stadium. Not gonna stress over "seat quality". But that said, if there are any considerations relative to seating that I should be aware of i would appreciate that info.

What are the best options for getting single-game tickets? One, maybe two tickets to a game.

2. Any advantages my daughter may have available to her to help me as an active student?

DW
Class of '95

no real advantage for single game tickets for an alumni discount. your daughter can get you a student guest ticket (if they still do them) and you can sit with her in the student section. you can buy through UM or stubhub the week of (w our home schedule, the games wont be expensive).

As an alum you get a discount on the season. Just buy a $10 ticket off Stub Hub and move down

Tickets...

DW
Class of '95

1. Single game tickets are now available. Our home schedule sucks, and I don't think that any single game has sold out yet.
2. There are alum discounts on season tix, not on single game tix.
3. Pay the $50 for Hurricane Club, it will get you on the e-mailing list, and they sometimes do "specials" to push tickets that haven't been selling well.
4. Have your daughter check to see if they still do "guest pass" tickets that students can purchase. We used to have them in the old days.
5. I have 4 season tickets in Section 117. The students and the marching band are in the sections to the right of me (114-116). Last year, a couple of my friends from UM undergrad came down for Homecoming, they have 2 kids at UM now. They bought tickets on the "home" side of the field through the UM Alumni Association, and when I saw where their seats were, I gave them 2 of my tickets. They were able to see their kids in Section 116 from our seats and then walked down to spend some time with them during the game. The added benefit of Sections 117, 118, and 119 is that they are "club seats", there is a new club that is under the stadium (where the baseball locker rooms used to be), and it is really nice (air-conditioned, better food, TVs, bathrooms, merch, etc.). If you purchase from either UM, or on the secondary market, you might want to hit those sections, particularly 117.

If you run into any problems with UM, let me know, I might be able to help (except for the UVa game).

1. Single game tickets are now available. Our home schedule sucks, and I don't think that any single game has sold out yet.
2. There are alum discounts on season tix, not on single game tix.
3. Pay the $50 for Hurricane Club, it will get you on the e-mailing list, and they sometimes do "specials" to push tickets that haven't been selling well.
4. Have your daughter check to see if they still do "guest pass" tickets that students can purchase. We used to have them in the old days.
5. I have 4 season tickets in Section 117. The students and the marching band are in the sections to the right of me (114-116). Last year, a couple of my friends from UM undergrad came down for Homecoming, they have 2 kids at UM now. They bought tickets on the "home" side of the field through the UM Alumni Association, and when I saw where their seats were, I gave them 2 of my tickets. They were able to see their kids in Section 116 from our seats and then walked down to spend some time with them during the game. The added benefit of Sections 117, 118, and 119 is that they are "club seats", there is a new club that is under the stadium (where the baseball locker rooms used to be), and it is really nice (air-conditioned, better food, TVs, bathrooms, merch, etc.). If you purchase from either UM, or on the secondary market, you might want to hit those sections, particularly 117.

If you run into any problems with UM, let me know, I might be able to help (except for the UVa game).

Is it the Hyundai club? I moved down to 118 or 119 this season. I was previously sitting in 350 so it's quite the upgrade and I'm really excited.

Advertisement
Is it the Hyundai club? I moved down to 118 or 119 this season. I was previously sitting in 350 so it's quite the upgrade and I'm really excited.

I don't know if there is a "corporate name" or not, to be honest with you.

If you are in Sections 117-119, you walk down the stands (towards the field) and at the bottom of each section, you can turn and there will be doors that go underneath the stadium. You show your ticket the first time, and they give you an armband. After that, you are free to come and go pre-game and during game (after the game, it's pretty much an alternate exit, which is nice, you don't have to walk up stairs, and then back down again, you can just cut through the club and go out the outer doors into the plaza around the stadium).

Just to give you an idea, the whole area is like a big sports bar, they have different size tables in the middle (and TVs around room), and then at both ends of the space, they have food areas (you have to pay). The two sides have different kinds of food, so check it out first. Along the back (outer) wall, they have a merchandise area. Along the front (inner) wall (closest to the field) they have a big bar area, and bathrooms.

As a couple of people have pointed out, the home schedule is not great this year, so if you can find reduced price tickets for a single game, this is a good spot to hit. Opposing fans often buy tickets here (because we are behind the opponent's bench), and they don't always realize there is a club area (which is fine by me).

I will say, the club was pretty full of opposing fans, in the second half, for the Notre Dame game....

My only addition would be that If you end up looking at end zone area tickets, you ideally want to be more west than east to avoid the direct sun as much as possible. And if you end up looking at lower bowl tickets, you want to be row 22-ish or higher to take advantage of the overhang in case of rain.

Just looked on the Hard Rock website, and yes, it looks like this is the Hyundai Club. The picture on the website is taken from the back corner of the food station under Section 117, looking towards the bar (under Section 118) and the other food station (under Section 119).

I'd like to see them put in some acoustical tiles for the ceiling, the floor is concrete and it gets very loud in there. Minor complaint, I'm sure, it can just be hard to hold a conversation in there during the busier times.

My only addition would be that If you end up looking at end zone area tickets, you ideally want to be more west than east to avoid the direct sun as much as possible. And if you end up looking at lower bowl tickets, you want to be row 22-ish or higher to take advantage of the overhang in case of rain.

Good points. Another advantage of Sections 117-119 is that you can go inside if it rains.

As for the direct sunlight, it is not as bad now with the overhangs (still not perfect). 1 of our 6 games is already set for 8 pm (Friday night game vs. UVa), and Bethune-Cookman is at 4 pm. The away game at North Carolina that the ACC Network is picking up is at 8 pm, so if we pull any more of those, we could have more night games. The Louisville game in November will be when the days are shorter and after daylight savings time flips off.

Advertisement
Tickets...

DW
Class of '95
When my daughter attended for parents weekend there was an option to purchase tickets/pregame Bbq to the game that weekend. End zone seats I believe. Not sure who the opponent is this year.

Be aware that any seats in the lower bowl on the visitor's sideline will be bathed in hot sunlight for any day game. Unless you get club level. The rest of the stadium is relatively shaded by the overhang. We're talking about a significant difference in temperature too.

Seakgeek or vivdseats should get you plenty of options... on a side note, Hard Rock stadium is one of the best places to watch a college game... awesome experience.
I drive down from Orlando with my young boys.. love it

Advertisement
Best option is having your daughter get you a student ticket any other suggestion is nonsense because her guest ticket is dirt cheaper.

When my daughter attended for parents weekend there was an option to purchase tickets/pregame Bbq to the game that weekend. End zone seats I believe. Not sure who the opponent is this year.
If I’m not mistaken the parent weekend game is against Virginia Tech this year

Be aware that any seats in the lower bowl on the visitor's sideline will be bathed in hot sunlight for any day game. Unless you get club level. The rest of the stadium is relatively shaded by the overhang. We're talking about a significant difference in temperature too.

This is not necessarily true.

Advertisement
Best option is having your daughter get you a student ticket any other suggestion is nonsense because her guest ticket is dirt cheaper.

The guy's daughter is going to UM. I'm sure he can afford $100 for a ticket in a better section.

"Any other suggestion is nonsense". No it's not. He's not being picky because he is afraid that good tickets won't be available. He isn't searching for a $10 scalper special because he can't afford anything pricier.

The guy's daughter is going to UM. I'm sure he can afford $100 for a ticket in a better section.

"Any other suggestion is nonsense". No it's not. He's not being picky because he is afraid that good tickets won't be available. He isn't searching for a $10 scalper special because he can't afford anything pricier.

Student tickets are lower tier, and if you get there early enough you’ll be close to the field what more do you want?

Tickets...

DW
Class of '95

Get that hurricane club membership. If you like the club section, they usually have some pretty sweet deals during the season on club tickets. Like half price or something like that. Not every game but some games.

Always kind kind of ****es me off because since I’m a Season Ticket Holder, I’m paying full price since I’m not sitting in the alumni section.

But they have to move those tickets somehow, so I understand it

I'm very grateful to everyone for the good suggestions/observations. I was surprised to not readily find a thread on this elsewhere. Any further suggestions are welcome!

Advertisement
Back