Very Entertaining....

jjpuppet

Recruit
Premium
That the same people said the program was over when Manny Diaz left and that Richt should've left and Diaz should have stayed as coach are now saying its a lousy hire. Other then Butch Davis who is very flawed but I thought would be a great rehire, The rest of the names thrown around were to a part uninspiring, Babers, Leach , Cristobal please. I would rather go with a newby then a retread.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That the same people said the program was over when Manny Diaz left and that Richt should've left and Diaz should have stayed as coach are now saying its a lousy hire. Other then Butch Davis who is very flawed but I thought would be a great rehire, The rest of the names thrown around were to a part uninspiring, Babers, Leach , Cristobal please. I would rather go with a newby then a retread.
Funny but true

Inwhat world are Babers and Leach retreads??

If you think Babers is a "retread" then I don't even know what to say to you other than watch more football
Hes average, Bfore this season the last 2 years at Syracuse he was 4-8 , Not exactly sterling. This year with a veteran team with the best quarterback that Syracuse has had in 20 years , Eric Dungey whose graduating they win 10 games and all the sudden hes a coaching legend. Next year Syracuse will be Syracuse again and win 5 games.

Advertisement
Hes average, Bfore this season the last 2 years at Syracuse he was 4-8 , Not exactly sterling. This year with a veteran team with the best quarterback that Syracuse has had in 20 years , Eric Dungey whose graduating they win 10 games and all the sudden hes a coaching legend. Next year Syracuse will be Syracuse again and win 5 games.
It’s called building a program , like he’s done everywhere he’s been. He’s resurrected every program he’s been at.

Sometimes I wonder , Jesus lol. Do some research before talking silly.

This.

I think Texas defense was atrocious under Mack Brown. I forgot who was the Qb at BYU at the time too.
The Texas defense became atrocious under Manny Diaz. Diaz took over a defense that was ranked #6 the year before he took over. He took them to #11 in his first year (good job), then dropped to #67 in 2012 (very bad job). The next year he was fired after the second game. At the time of his firing, they were giving up an average of just over 500ypg. 9 players on Texas defensive roster in 2013 were on NFL regular season rosters 2 years later. So, there was no lack of talent.

Not posting this to bash Manny. But, I've seen many posts over the years trying to excuse that performance. It is what it is.

The dude can't develop talent. Our defensive players are barely making NFL rosters that should tell anyone all they need to know about Diaz. And Please stop comparing Diaz to Butch, please!

Advertisement
It’s called building a program , like he’s done everywhere he’s been. He’s resurrected every program he’s been at.

Sometimes I wonder , Jesus lol. Do some research before talking silly.
No its called a veteran team jelling and graduating, If Babers such a great coach how come you never see his name linked to any of the bigger job openings, there were all types of job openings in the last 2 years...never recall he in the running for any of them.

LMFAO.

If Babers is "average", we've had nothing but P.E. coaches here for the last 20 years.

Advertisement
The issue for me is the process (or lack thereof) by which this hire took place. No search, no calls or gauging of interests, no interviews. A hire of an ex-assistant with no HC experience mere hours after the previous HC walks away. Stunning, simply stunning.

Advertisement
Back