Vermont game cancelled

Advertisement
Advertisement
Playing in the afternoon on the road on Friday after a night game on Wednesday is also tough though
Right literally have to play Wednesday night leave Thursday afternoon and play Friday. No weather issues in Chicago this week which is about an hour 30 from Southbend so that's good.

Advertisement
Bad news because this could've been a nice tune up game before the heart of ACC play begins. We might also be rusty to start the ND game after 10 days off.

Good news because this game would've hurt our SoS and other metrics, and we would've had only 36 hours to get to ND and play up there on Friday afternoon.

I'm sure that the CIS "Miami might someday deserve to be ranked higher" crowd will tell us how the cancellation of the Vermont game (plus the horrible, terrible, unforgiveable crime of losing a neutral site tournament game to a ranked team by 15) will continue to haunt us, unless we win both Duke games by 20 points each...

Advertisement
Would’ve been on short rest in south bend. Not the worst thing
Obviously it doesn't matter now but I wonder why this game wasn't scheduled for today. Nd plays Jacksonville today so it would have given us 2 rest days and one of those days would have been a travel one.

Advertisement
Obviously it doesn't matter now but I wonder why this game wasn't scheduled for today. Nd plays Jacksonville today so it would have given us 2 rest days and one of those days would have been a travel one.

I'd be willing to bet that most of the OOC games are set up farther in advance (and separately), compared to the ACC schedule. Sometimes creates some odd impacts.

I'm sure that the CIS "Miami might someday deserve to be ranked higher" crowd will tell us how the cancellation of the Vermont game (plus the horrible, terrible, unforgiveable crime of losing a neutral site tournament game to a ranked team by 15) will continue to haunt us, unless we win both Duke games by 20 points each...
Maryland has spiraled out of the Top 25 since. Couldn't miss 3 pt shots against us; now, they can't hit the proverbial side of a barn. Caught them at the wrong time.

Maryland has spiraled out of the Top 25 since. Couldn't miss 3 pt shots against us; now, they can't hit the proverbial side of a barn. Caught them at the wrong time.
They couldn't hit **** against UCLA. Actually both teams were ice cold the first few minutes then UCLA went inside then heated up from downtown.

Advertisement
Back