Va Tech game time?

Advertisement
They haven't announced it yet. Could still be 330. I really don't think our performance changed the game time, we were supposed to lose. Other ACC games we're up against are ND/Pitt and Wake/FSU. None are marquee games.

IMO more or less people are not watching that game even if Miami wins, VT crapped the bed, which IMO hold more weight determining what time they will kick it off.
A one of two loss VT vs 7-1 Miami would have been much more attractive.

Advertisement
There's 3 choices: noon ABC, 7PM ESPN or 8PM ABC.
The 2 other games that haven't been decided are FSU @ Wake Forest and Notre Dame @ Pitt.
Wake Forest and Pitt losing yesterday might keep us off the noon time slot, despite both Miami and VT losing as well.

This is a great site for TV schedules. Just remember all times on here are central.

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Noon: Kansas State-Texas Tech is on ABC at Noon. I guess we could be a regional ABC game at noon. ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN U are all taken for Noon. ACC Network is taken at 1230 too. Noon seems unlikely.

3:30: ESPN has BYU-Wisconsin. ABC has Michigan-Nebraska. ESPN U has Duke-UNC (4:00). I guess we could be ESPN 2 if they have a game, or ABC regional or the ABC/ESPN 2 mirror game.

7/745/8: ESPN 2 has Houston UCF at 7. ESPN U has UNLV-Utah State at 8. We very well could get a night game on ESPN since they have a 10pm ESPN UCLA/Arizona game. I guess we could get the ABC 8 game again, though none of the ACC games seem big enough for that.

Last edited:
Miami-Duke the next week is going to be a bigger game if we beat VT. Chew on that.

Thats a serious trap game.
I'm honestly not sure what to expect from the team the rest of the way. They've got a tough VT, two teams that give us trouble, Duke and UVA and then a cold weather game at Pitt. Losing to FSU was tough, losing Duke was much, much worse.

Miami-Duke the next week is going to be a bigger game if we beat VT. Chew on that.

Thats a serious trap game.
I'm honestly not sure what to expect from the team the rest of the way. They've got a tough VT, two teams that give us trouble, Duke and UVA and then a cold weather game at Pitt. Losing to FSU was tough, losing Duke was much, much worse.

I don't see how it's a trap game. Duke is good. It's a road game, and if the team doesn't realize that they don't deserve to win. If Duke beats NC State at home next week, they'll be 7-2, 3-2 heading into our game. How a road game against a 7-2 team can be called a trap game is beyond me.

Advertisement
Because Miami has a long history of overlooking "lesser" teams, i.e. Wake and UNC, IMO.

IMO more or less people are not watching that game even if Miami wins, VT crapped the bed, which IMO hold more weight determining what time they will kick it off.
A one of two loss VT vs 7-1 Miami would have been much more attractive.

This is what I meant, our game went as expected va tech crapped the bed

Because Miami has a long history of overlooking "lesser" teams, i.e. Wake and UNC, IMO.

My point is, Duke is 7-2. Just because their name is Duke, doesn't mean they are a "lesser" team. Don't act like they're Wake or UNC this year. They're 7-2 for a reason.

Advertisement
And that's the pathetic fan base UM has. Anyone with a half a brain knows this upcoming game is the important game of the season. If you live 100 miles from the stadium, you need to be at this game if someone is a true fan of the Canes!

The fact the VT game will feature a half empty stadium won't help.

Strange but true. Tip of the hat to Cutcliffe. Doing a heck of a job at a very difficult place to recruit.

He is getting up there in years but I wouldnt be surprised to see his dance card get punched by a bigger program next year.

Advertisement
Porter just tweeted it's a noon game, fack!

Matt Porter, PB Post that is.

Sort of...

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 2h

Network hasn't confirmed this, but #Hokies at #Canes on Saturday expected to be a noon kick.

@MiamiRadioBeast 10h

Miami-VT will either be Noon, 7 p or 8p..have to think with both teams losing ..it will be noon

If this is true, then it'll have to be an ABC regional game since ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN U are all taken as is the ACC Network.

Last edited:
Team is going to have generate their own energy since the crowd sure won't bring it. Sad, this team still deserves it.

Advertisement
Back