UVA Series

The Kayfus/Pitelli experiment can be over as far as I'm concerned. Solid defenders and I'm sure they'll be good here but Toral and Gil are big boppers. Sure they're fat and strike out a lot but they'll drive in some runs.

LF Lala
2B Vilar
C A. Del Castillo
RF C. Del Castillo
SS Morales
1B Toral
DH Rivera
3B Gil
CF Jenkins
Yoyo at short is too risky IMO. He can't make a throw from 3rd right now, but agree on Kayfus. I'd keep inserting Gil at 1B vs LHs and DH or sit Toral against them.

Advertisement
Since we don't have a strong Sunday starter, why not follow the Tampa Bay Rays example. Everyone in the bullpen can be used for game 3. The only players exempt are your game 1 & 2 starters. Worked for them during the regular season. Lets the manager play around with Pitcher/Batter matchups. Other teams can't load up with a Lefty/Righty lineup to take advantage of the starting pitcher.

The Kayfus/Pitelli experiment can be over as far as I'm concerned. Solid defenders and I'm sure they'll be good here but Toral and Gil are big boppers. Sure they're fat and strike out a lot but they'll drive in some runs.

LF Lala
2B Vilar
C A. Del Castillo
RF C. Del Castillo
SS Morales
1B Toral
DH Rivera
3B Gil
CF Jenkins
I like this but I would go CDC in CF, Rivera in RF and shift the DH between a few different guys. Maybe give Jared Thomas some consistent ABs and then as the game gets late you can use Pitelli Kayfus and Jenkins as D replacements...they have to get more offense and also some more RH batters...

The defense is poor. Ground balls up the middle end up being doubles. Runners on first scoring on base hits in between CF and RF....just really bad defense.

Advertisement
Makes sense based on the forecast. Let's hope Dubberly pitches well, we get an early lead and get the ball to Palmquist late.
Based on his last two outings someone needs to be ready at the first sign of trouble from the fourth inning on. He got rocked in his fourth inning against FSU and hit harder but still did decently in his fourth inning against FAU. I imagine he’ll be on a 75-80 pitch count anyway.

Advertisement
Radar does not look promising at the moment with a large area of rain a couple hours away

Advertisement
Back