UVA 4* DL enters portal

Advertisement
Doesn’t that make it like you want to cheer for transfer outs for players that are non-productive?

And?

I'm being a bit sarcastic, but you know I respect you. The NCAA has a whole set of rules which focus on academic progress and getting a degree.

Water needs to find its level. If a kid isn't good enough to PLAY at Miami, but is in good academic standing, and can finish a degree elsewhere, I see nothing that the NCAA would have a problem with.

And if they are just about to pass the "one-free-transfer" rule, then you have to create the IC room to accomplish that, without destroying an entire HS signing class.

Doesn’t that make it like you want to cheer for transfer outs for players that are non-productive?
Scholarships are renewed annually so technically a school can tell a non-productive player to kick rocks but they rarely do. It would be a **** move IMO. We've seen plenty of guys "encouraged" to transfer in the past though and I don't have an issue with that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It also appears kids are bouncing at the first sign of adversity or if a team is not performing well.

I have my feelings about this portal & ppl have theirs. Imo, it needs to be adjusted. A LOI don’t mean chit nowadays.

Is it me, i just don't like the portal new rule. It's affecting us also. We benefited from that also. On top of that, players declaring to the NFL early. It's killing us. Any thoughts.

My thoughts are we might have 3 wins right now without the portal

Advertisement
It would seem that opt outs and the portal are going to make it even more of a challenege to build a team mentality.
Near term, opt outs will be a challenge to roster management no doubt and adds to the portal chaos in the future. It’s going to be interesting to see who takes advantage of the free year.

Advertisement
It also appears kids are bouncing at the first sign of adversity or if a team is not performing well.

I have my feelings about this portal & ppl have theirs. Imo, it needs to be adjusted. A LOI don’t mean chit nowadays.
Perhaps the gap between staff's unrestricted movement allowance and the player's highly restricted movement is closing??

CB talent on the other hand, we are pretty good At saying No
We can’t afford to say no to good CB talent either.

the problem is that CB evils are hit and miss.

like that kid from Citadel that we took and played a lot even though he sucked

Advertisement
Back