USF Non-Conference Series

I like it. We get two home games against a respectable G5 opponent and we don't have to pay them anything. Just a single away game in Tampa that will be 75% UM fans in attendance anyway. Excuse to road trip it to Tampa for a weekend.

A 2 for 1 with USF is light years ahead of the home and homes we scheduled with the likes of Toledo, Arkansas State and Appalachian State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The 2010 one was almost the end of me. I remember them playing the music at twice volume to try to make up for the fact that there were 250 people in the stands. I tried calling through to the stadium to tell the soundboard operator to turn it down. I texted the fan disturbance number saying there was a thief at midfield named Randy Shannon.
Was that the game that ended like 6 to 9 or some stupid sh-t like that? Yeah, that was one of those rock bottom moments for me too.

All about it.

Miami should be playing these state schools. Cheap OOC opponents with little in the way of travel for both parties. Paying Savannah State a grip to get throttled 80-0 seems like a waste of money to me.

Would be rotating USF, UCF, FIU, and FAU in the OOC schedule like clockwork. Switch it up and get Georgia State, Georgia Southern here n there.

Advertisement
Was that the game that ended like 6 to 9 or some stupid sh-t like that? Yeah, that was one of those rock bottom moments for me too.

That was the one that went to overtime and we lost. I was so ****ed that day I did not even want to have a drink. I wanted to fully embrace and feel the rage. We went to Abraxas, this beer bar South of Fifth on the Beach that night when the news broke. We thought that was the low point and as angry as we could get with a UM coach. And then a portly jackhole with an orange tie, a manifesto, and a few pillars came to town from Philadelphia.

I like it, I'd much rather play legit G5 schools from programs that at least have some talent rather than play these bizarro world games @ App St, @ Toledo, @ Ark St, vs Central Michigan etc..

We already have future series's with Temple, UAB & @Mich St for 2020, then we play Bama in 21, then for whatever reason play App St again in 21 & Mich St at home.

We also got a home & home with TAMU for 22/23, but we also play Miami (Ohio) smfh, we should never play the fake Miami, just on principle alone.

I'd like to see us play Houston, and a couple teams out of Big XII like TTech, Ok St, Baylor & at least 1 or 2 PAC-12 teams like AZ, AZ St or Oregon.

I like it, I'd much rather play legit G5 schools from programs that at least have some talent rather than play these bizarro world games @ App St, @ Toledo, @ Ark St, vs Central Michigan etc..

We already have future series's with Temple, UAB & @Mich St for 2020, then we play Bama in 21, then for whatever reason play App St again in 21 & Mich St at home.

We also got a home & home with TAMU for 22/23, but we also play Miami (Ohio) smfh, we should never play the fake Miami, just on principle alone.

I'd like to see us play Houston, and a couple teams out of Big XII like TTech, Ok St, Baylor & at least 1 or 2 PAC-12 teams like AZ, AZ St or Oregon.
Those Big 12 or Pac 12 matchups would be great. I agree

We need to fill the OOC slate with somebody. I'd way rather see us play USF, a decent program, than FCS schools or small conference out of state schools. Please, no more Savannah States and FAMU/BCC. I understand that the HBCs have a lot of alums in the area but in terms of the actual game, it does nothing for our football program to beat over-matched FCS schools 70-0.

Advertisement
Not sure how I feel about playing these in state G5 programs. It’s not that I’m worried about losing to them, but I feel that even being on the same field with them gives them credibility.
They have credibility. They have largely played in better bowl games, had better records and been higher ranked in the last 5 or 6 years. This is not UTSA.

I went when we got our asses kicked by UCLA in 95 and dropped the ball against Washington in 2000. Those were still two of my favorite road games. I would love to see us play USC, Stanford, Utah, or Oregon out west, Texas in the central, and Georgia or LSU closer to the east. All in or near great cities to visit, solid teams, etc. ****, throw Vanderbilt on there as an excuse to go to Nashville.

Advertisement
Missed the point, beating them in front of our recruits sends a positive message in person.
Sends a positive what in person??...That we're beating a team we should annihilate??
Would much rather play UCF in a home and away...That would send wayyy more of a message to recruits....Nothing to be gained by beating a school we have no business losing to...

They have credibility. They have largely played in better bowl games, had better records and been higher ranked in the last 5 or 6 years. This is not UTSA.
These are teams with virtually no hope of playing for a championship, and are not viable landing spots for any but a small number of blue chip kids. They don’t have nearly the bag of tricks to sell recruits on, and they don’t play on the stage that the big 3 does.... unless they actually play one of the big 3.

Why give them that stage?

Advertisement
Back