USchool kids

Advertisement
I don't get this. Staff is not enamored by Yeargin or Skai moore but they are enamored with armbrister and cornelius? Why do we have to choose between Thomas and Grace? The staff has to account for the possibility of not getting a guy at a position where we are now not only SORELY lacking depth, but lacking impact players. I'm taking skai and yeargin over over armbrister and cornelius any day of the week.

Yo get your **** straight, the only reason Cornelius and armbrister are on the roster is cuz cornelieus is blandys kid and armbrister was in Al's first year when he had like no time to put together a decent class

Still evaluating. Waiting on him to camp. Will probably get an offer.

PLUS, he doesn't really fit the "U-School kids always get snubbed" narrative, since he was at Chaminade-Madonna playing with Khairi Clark for the past 3 years. He just transferred to U-School in January along with Sean White (who also came from Chaminade).

Khairi has been at Chaminade for 2 years and Yeargin was there for his junior year.

Advertisement
I don't get this. Staff is not enamored by Yeargin or Skai moore but they are enamored with armbrister and cornelius? Why do we have to choose between Thomas and Grace? The staff has to account for the possibility of not getting a guy at a position where we are now not only SORELY lacking depth, but lacking impact players. I'm taking skai and yeargin over over armbrister and cornelius any day of the week.

Yo get your **** straight, the only reason Cornelius and armbrister are on the roster is cuz cornelieus is blandys kid and armbrister was in Al's first year when he had like no time to put together a decent class

heh. relax cupcake. I never understood why people are so belligerent on a message board. They'd never talk to anyone like that in person, but I digress. Your point is totally irrelevant. If there is a guy out there that is more talented than the guy you got, you get him. You have to grab the best talent out there.

The fact that you've pointed out these kids were picked up years ago only helps my point. Scholarships are renewed annually. These guys haven't performed to a level to warrant keeping their schollies from kids who will perform better than them. If you're on academic scholarship and your GPA drops below the threshold, guess what? No more scholly.

How these guys and under what circumstances they've found themselves on the team is irrelevant, especially today, when we have had 2 recruiting cycles to make up for the lack of depth/talent. My main point is that:

#1) I find it odd that we're behind everyone else on evaluations of local kids.
#2) I find it odd that we're willing to continue to roll out Kacy Rodgers and Kelvin Cain and Asante Cleveland and Thurston Armbrister onto the field, but a kid who 30 other schools believe is going to be a player can't get an offer? A local kid??

USchool plays the cream of the crop this year. We'll see about all of them sooner than later in this season, and also see how the staff did evaluating them

Scarlett HAS been offered.

Yeargin will probably get offered at camp. And, again, Wilson WILL NOT BE OFFERED, OR BE IN THIS CLASS. I've heard this from MULTIPLE sources, including Pete Ariz. I cannot be more emphatic on this point.

/begin rant

Also, which USchool kids did you really want over kids who we went hard after or ended up signing? Did you really want Jordan Cunningham over Stacy Coley? Did you really want Skai Moore over Jermaine Grace AND/OR Matthew Thomas (I'm talking about through recruiting, not revisionist history because Thomas didn't come to the U)? Were you REALLY that high on Maquedis Bain that this is a point of contention, especially with the players we have committed along the offensive line for 2014? And please, PLEASE GOD, don't come at me with Denver Kirkland as emblematic of all that ails us in recruiting. I will fight you over that. The ONE player I will say I wanted, regardless of outside factors, was Alex Collins. ONE.

ONE.

I mean, come on people. Seriously. There are approximately 457,000 HS football players in South Florida. They will not all get offers, and all those that get offers won't end up as Canes. Stop this nonsense.

/end rant

i take Skai Moore regardless of what was going on with Grace and Thomas. For the simple fact that you had to get got**** Ice and the crew to coax the kid just to answer the **** phone....so u know u were behind on the kid from early.

Skai Moore in my opinion was the best LB in Broward County...but im Bias(ya i dont care).....when u have a need at backer you take the best kid that is compatible size and skill wise that is qualified. I like Moore over Grace because of his size and growth potential....Grace is my dude but he is going to top out around 220. Skai will hit that fresh year, and will still grow. It's obvious they f*cked up as they tried to double back with a late offer....

Advertisement

Yeargin will probably get offered at camp. And, again, Wilson WILL NOT BE OFFERED, OR BE IN THIS CLASS. I've heard this from MULTIPLE sources, including Pete Ariz. I cannot be more emphatic on this point.

/begin rant

Also, which USchool kids did you really want over kids who we went hard after or ended up signing? Did you really want Jordan Cunningham over Stacy Coley? Did you really want Skai Moore over Jermaine Grace AND/OR Matthew Thomas (I'm talking about through recruiting, not revisionist history because Thomas didn't come to the U)? Were you REALLY that high on Maquedis Bain that this is a point of contention, especially with the players we have committed along the offensive line for 2014? And please, PLEASE GOD, don't come at me with Denver Kirkland as emblematic of all that ails us in recruiting. I will fight you over that. The ONE player I will say I wanted, regardless of outside factors, was Alex Collins. ONE.

ONE.

I mean, come on people. Seriously. There are approximately 457,000 HS football players in South Florida. They will not all get offers, and all those that get offers won't end up as Canes. Stop this nonsense.

/end rant

i take Skai Moore regardless of what was going on with Grace and Thomas. For the simple fact that you had to get got**** Ice and the crew to coax the kid just to answer the **** phone....so u know u were behind on the kid from early.

Skai Moore in my opinion was the best LB in Broward County...but im Bias(ya i dont care).....when u have a need at backer you take the best kid that is compatible size and skill wise that is qualified. I like Moore over Grace because of his size and growth potential....Grace is my dude but he is going to top out around 220. Skai will hit that fresh year, and will still grow. It's obvious they f*cked up as they tried to double back with a late offer....

hind sight is always 20/20 if thomas was in this class there would be no argument, oh and i dont really consider miramar guys "broward" so this can be true

/begin rant

ONE.

/end rant

Grace is already at 210, how do you think he tops out at 220? Kid hasn't even made it into the program yet, he's got a long wirery frame that can handle some weight IMO. Tend to agree that you take Moore regardless, but remember it was going to be a small class and the coaches had to prioritize offers.

Advertisement
I was never blown away by Skai Moore and I'm not blown away by Wilson. Some people on here whose opinions I value saw Skai said he was a baller, but his clips just didn't wow me. Haven't seen enough of Yeargin. I really don't see what the big deal is. These imagined slights from SoFla staffs/kids are ridiculous.

Advertisement
White just transferred in to USchool for this year, don't think that is a big boost in terms of Scarlett.

we dont do package deals anyway

Scarlett is 2015

Nkemdiche was a package deal, not a traditional one but it happens

Did Nkemdiche sign with us?

something called an example, he brought up scarlett being 2015 like it matter i was showing it didnt

U School has had many players look much better than they actually play. Yeargin fits that stereotype so far.

Also agree with Swagger in regards to Skai. His highlight tape was underwhelming. In person however, he always made plays.

Point is none of their guys have been slam dunks. Either ballers who lacked some of the physical skill you desire (Skai, Kings), or good looking athletes who don't seem to carry it over to the field.

I do believe Scarlett breaks that mold.

Advertisement
Back