USC opts out of bowl game

So the only ranked team in the PAC 12, who just lost their championship game after a 6 game season isn't going to play in a bowl game.

This is why the PAC 12 isn't a serious contender.

like urban said. Kids don’t care about stupid bowls anymore. It’s playoffs or bust.

ABE522BA-2E0C-4CEC-B89D-9312AFAD0990.jpeg

Advertisement
Lol I have USC friends in the know who say the exact opposite. If USC really cared they would’ve gave Urban what he wanted and would have a new coach right now. Instead they let Helton scapegoat the Defensive staff and bring in Todd Orlando and other new assistants this season. Sound familiar? They’re literally Miami west. Same issues from top to bottom, but they may spend slightly more.

His seat isn’t more hot than Pruitt, Harbaugh, Herman for starters. A lot of their fan base is whining about them having to play 3 games in 2 weeks and Oregon on short notice after UDub pulled out anyways. He could definitely get there next year, but he wasn’t getting fired for a bowl game loss.

I’ve also watched 5 out of 6 of their games. They’re definitely fool’s gold. Should’ve lost to ASU, Arizona and UCLA.

Well it appears we’re at a stand still w/ info of the in the know, my friend. Lol.

Again, from what I was told, Helton would’ve been gone, BUT Lynn Swann f’d up w/ giving Helton a premature extension (sounds familiar. Lol). Helton’s buy out is roughly about $20m, and no, SC ain’t paying that.

U r right, about Myers and having a clean program, though. Snake bit from that Bush situation, but boosters want Helton gone for more than just on field play. Helton low key knows he got heat on him, and the fake 5-0 start optically looked OK, and it’s given him another year to survive.

Personally I want Helton gone b/c of how he treated my god son during his Sr year.....but that’s just personal. Lol.

I really can’t under stand how Helton still has his job. It’s crazy what has happened to USC.

It’s called dumb ADs. SC hired a former player w/ no AD experience and prematurely gave Helton a nice extension that handcuffed them. Helton did well his first two yrs as a full time coach, and have sucked ever since. Inexplicably, Swann extended him prior to the ‘18 season b/c Helton won the Rose Bowl in ‘17-18, and immediately.....well, u’ve seen the results.

SC pulled a Miami; inexperienced AD, got blinded by a good season (not by SC standards, but a good season nonetheless), prematurely extended a guy, and now gotta sit on a huge buyout.

Advertisement
I’m not buying that kids don’t care about bowls and bowls will be non-existent soon.. Some of these kids will never play football again and that bowl game is everything for them. Everybody isnt playing in the NFL. If Urban Meyer said that he’s speaking from a vantage point where a lot of kids he coached at UF and OSU went to play in the league. When he was coaching at Utah I’m sure he didn’t think that way.

I’m not buying that kids don’t care about bowls and bowls will be non-existent soon.. Some of these kids will never play football again and that bowl game is everything for them. Everybody isnt playing in the NFL. If Urban Meyer said that he’s speaking from a vantage point where a lot of kids he coached at UF and OSU went to play in the league. When he was coaching at Utah I’m sure he didn’t think that way.

All of this;

Trust me when I tell u the only reason y this narrative is being toted on THIS board is b/c of the bull chit some posters ate to justify what happened against UNC. I promise u.

Advertisement
Well it appears we’re at a stand still w/ info of the in the know, my friend. Lol.

Again, from what I was told, Helton would’ve been gone, BUT Lynn Swann f’d up w/ giving Helton a premature extension (sounds familiar. Lol). Helton’s buy out is roughly about $20m, and no, SC ain’t paying that.

U r right, about Myers and having a clean program, though. Snake bit from that Bush situation, but boosters want Helton gone for more than just on field play. Helton low key knows he got heat on him, and the fake 5-0 start optically looked OK, and it’s given him another year to survive.

Personally I want Helton gone b/c of how he treated my god son during his Sr year.....but that’s just personal. Lol.
Yea, I definitely think that there’s a contingent who want him out and you’re right about that extension. But this dude has mastered the art of doing just enough not to get the axe. They’ll win 8-9 games next year again, make the title game and be in the same spot lol. Their record was faker than ours because that conference is god awful.

Yea, I definitely think that there’s a contingent who want him out and you’re right about that extension. But this dude has mastered the art of doing just enough not to get the axe. They’ll win 8-9 games next year again, make the title game and be in the same spot lol. Their record was faker than ours because that conference is god awful.

Brotha, preach. Like a true master. Lol.

My boy said fans r trying to blow up Twitter w/ a hashtag of FireHelton. Lol. They ALL know their record was phony af. I watched all their games, and how they went undefeated is more of an indictment of the Pac-12 vs. Helton’s coaching ability.

I met Swann like 10 yrs ago. He actually came into my office b/c he’s boys w/ my former colleague who graduated w him at SC. The irony is he expressed a desire for SC to be a consistent power, then this dude f’d his own alma mater. Lol.

Advertisement
Back