**USC (most overrated program)**

337CaneNation

Sophomore
I don't want to hear **** about this team being a contender and their QB being the best QB in CFB!! Bullsh!t, Bullsh!t, Bullsh!t.. ESPN is been hyping this team up since the summer, and every year it seems like they go out and lay an egg early then late in the year, their still considered a contender.. I just don't get how schools like USC continue to get hyped up and year after year they under achieve BUT my Canes don't get much love after changing the program around after one year!!

I heard how USC's QB was so good and he looks like **** against Western Michigan!! ESPN just makes certain schools a whole lot better than they really are..

Advertisement
I did buy them because of their defense. Didn't think Darnold would have played poorly.

Advertisement
They set themselves back years when they chose sarkisian over Chris Petersen. He even wanted the job and they passed. One of the most egregious decisions in sports I've ever seen. It would've been USC in the playoffs last year had they hired him.

Yes they are, I live in so cal and the hype around those
dudes is nauseating. Truth is, other than 3-4 of the Petey
years, they haven't been sh*t since student body right lol

They set themselves back years when they chose sarkisian over Chris Petersen. He even wanted the job and they passed. One of the most egregious decisions in sports I've ever seen. It would've been USC in the playoffs last year had they hired him.

I agree in all likelihood but it really would be been interesting to see Peterson & his system in a place like that. It can't be taken as a foregone conclusion that players would be bought into his system or that he's be able to successfully be able to recruit his type of kids there. What is a given is he gets the most out of players who don't necessarily shine on an individual basis. That's not sc style of players.

I don't want to hear **** about this team being a contender and their QB being the best QB in CFB!! Bullsh!t, Bullsh!t, Bullsh!t.. ESPN is been hyping this team up since the summer, and every year it seems like they go out and lay an egg early then late in the year, their still considered a contender.. I just don't get how schools like USC continue to get hyped up and year after year they under achieve BUT my Canes don't get much love after changing the program around after one year!!

I heard how USC's QB was so good and he looks like **** against Western Michigan!! ESPN just makes certain schools a whole lot better than they really are..

UF most over rated IMO, Texas too! lol

Advertisement
I just been watching CFB Live, and other CFB shows that play on ESPN and at some point during the show they start "raving" about USC!! And I just wanted to see how they would play because the last few years it just seems as though they get all this credit during the offseason and then once the season starts "they lay an egg" and at some point during the season their considered "the best 1 loss or 2 loss team" and I'm just tired of seeing them always get hyped up and they haven't prove it!!

I'm sure after watching week 1, their is a lot of teams we can consider as being overrated but this USC team just takes the cake for me..

Yeah, that was a dunce move. As an alum I wanted Petersen.

USC has been recruiting well and fits that blue chip ratio in terms of teams theoretically eligible to win the national title. But I'm a doubter due to Clay Helton. He's more of a nice guy and cutesy offensive minded coach than a ruthless type. You need a ruthless type to wipe out those third down screens when the opponent is stupid enough to call them. Nick Saban lives for those moments, when the tinkerbell plays are absolutely destroyed. Meanwhile a Clay Helton type mostly shrugs it off and rationalizes he will score on the next possession himself.

Consequently you might defeat Nick Saban once in a while if you have ultra elite talent at the most vital positions. I still laugh every time I remember the Dunces of Outlier here who praised Clemson for defeating Alabama with Deshaun Watson and Mike Williams. As always...nice plan. You'll go far.

They actually believed they had deciphered something. That's what made it so hilarious.

Any number of teams can defeat Clay Helton. You don't need Top 10 draft picks or nearby. USC finished third last season but it was as phony a final third ranking as you'll ever see. Normally the team that finishes in that spot faced scrutiny and pressure all season. USC had none of the above. They lost three times early and then wandered irrelevantly through the course of the season, picking up unwarranted praise. It wasn't unlike the 2002 USC team that similarly lost twice early and then was elevated by morons, some of whom believed they were more capable and deserving than either Miami or Ohio State.

The Canes or Buckeyes would have throttled USC with little difficulty. Well, Ohio State always made things difficult. The Buckeyes would have defeated upstart USC.

I'm never fully popular on either the Canes or Miami forums. I don't succumb to peer pressure need to fit in anywhere like a dimb Happy Adjuster. USC has been a flawed program and so have the Canes. They deserve to be defined accordingly. I mentioned a month ago on a Dolphins site that USC was likely a fraud and undeserving of the high early rating.

Last edited:
Advertisement

USC has been recruiting well and fits that blue chip ratio in terms of teams theoretically eligible to win the national title. But I'm a doubter due to Clay Helton. He's more of a nice guy and cutesy offensive minded coach than a ruthless type. You need a ruthless type to wipe out those third down screens when the opponent is stupid enough to call them. Nick Saban lives for those moments, when the tinkerbell plays are absolutely destroyed. Meanwhile a Clay Helton type mostly shrugs it off and rationalizes he will score on the next possession himself.

Consequently you might defeat Nick Saban once in a while if you have ultra elite talent at the most vital positions. I still laugh every time I remember the Dunces of Outlier here who praised Clemson for defeating Alabama with Deshaun Watson and Mike Williams. As always...nice plan. You'll go far.

They actually believed they had deciphered something. That's what made it so hilarious.

Any number of teams can defeat Clay Helton. You don't need Top 10 draft picks or nearby. USC finished third last season but it was as phony a final third ranking as you'll ever see. Normally the team that finishes in that spot faced scrutiny and pressure all season. USC had none of the above. They lost three times early and then wandered irrelevantly through the course of the season, picking up unwarranted praise. It wasn't unlike the 2002 USC team that similarly lost twice early and then was elevated by morons, some of whom believed they were more capable and deserving than either Miami or Ohio State.

The Canes or Buckeyes would have throttled USC with little difficulty. Well, Ohio State always made things difficult. The Buckeyes would have defeated upstart USC.

I'm never fully popular on either the Canes or Miami forums. I don't succumb to peer pressure need to fit in anywhere like a dimb Happy Adjuster. USC has been a flawed program and so have the Canes. They deserve to be defined accordingly. I mentioned a month ago on a Dolphins site that USC was likely a fraud and undeserving of the high early rating.

What your dumbass hasn't figured out is that you aren't popular anywhere. Full stop.

Lol you're a pu$$y or a troll, that's why you're not popular. You write novels but don't say anything of value and I've never once seen you make a call on any line. Not once. Lulz

Advertisement
Texas A&M is feeling left out of this thread
I never really hear about A&M being a team to contend for championship's.. Now of course Sumlin seat is on after last night!! BUT A&M was never really talked about to dominate the conference like USC.. Mainly this off-season it was about Sumlin having a good enough season to keep his job!!

Advertisement
Back