USC Kedon Slovis in Portal

Advertisement
I was wondering who Pitt would target to replace Pickett...

aside: why would a QB at USC have a girlfriend, let alone one in a different state?
My only guess is that maybe they are from the same area and got together before they left for college. I don’t know though

I was wondering who Pitt would target to replace Pickett...

aside: why would a QB at USC have a girlfriend, let alone one in a different state?
Didn‘t Pitt have another USC QB transfer in a few years ago? I think he started against Miami in 2020, when Pickett missed a few games with an injury.

Sam Darnold - Bust
Kody Kessler - Bust
Matt Barkley - Bust
Mark Sanchez - Bust
John David Booty - Bust
Matt Leinart - Bust
Carson Palmer - Bust with Bengals, Pro Bowler with Cardinals.
Rob Johnson - Bust
Todd Marinovich - Bust
Rodney Peete - 6th round pick and played like it.
Vince Evans - 6th round pick and played like it.

So going back 50 years, USC has produced ONE Pro Bowl QB.

Bobby Digius just got congalero’d

Sam Darnold - Bust
Kody Kessler - Bust
Matt Barkley - Bust
Mark Sanchez - Bust
John David Booty - Bust
Matt Leinart - Bust
Rob Johnson - Bust
Todd Marinovich - Bust

Wait those are NFL busts...Many of those QBs were STUDS in college. That is what we are talking about here right.

Like for instance we're supposed to be QB "U", but what QB of our did ANYTHING in the NFL? Our list of great QBs would read BUST too.

Advertisement
Sam Darnold - Bust
Kody Kessler - Bust
Matt Barkley - Bust
Mark Sanchez - Bust
John David Booty - Bust
Matt Leinart - Bust
Rob Johnson - Bust
Todd Marinovich - Bust

A bust with the Bengals for palmer isn't accurate. He was looking like a stud his rookie year before Pittsburgh took his knee out. Even after, he still wasn't bad. He retired early because he demanded a trade from the Bengals and they refused.

Advertisement
Didn‘t Pitt have another USC QB transfer in a few years ago? I think he started against Miami in 2020, when Pickett missed a few games with an injury.
Joey Yellen. Was an ASU transfer not USC. Kid looked real good at ASU in the one game he played in, throwing for 4 TD's vs. USC. So far has been underwhelming at Pitt. I'll bet he wins the starting job next year.

Wait those are NFL busts...Many of those QBs were STUDS in college. That is what we are talking about here right.

Like for instance we're supposed to be QB "U", but what QB of our did ANYTHING in the NFL? Our list of great QBs would read BUST too.
Jim Kelly and Bernie both had far better NFL careers than any of the USC QB's listed. Vinny was a notch below Carson Palmer. Steve Walsh and Craig Erickson had better careers than the USC QB's except for Palmer and Sanchez.

A bust with the Bengals for palmer isn't accurate. He was looking like a stud his rookie year before Pittsburgh took his knee out. Even after, he still wasn't bad. He retired early because he demanded a trade from the Bengals and they refused.
For being the #1 overall pick in the draft, he should be considered a bust. TD/INT with Bengals was 154/100. That may be a decent career for a 3rd round pick, but for #1 overall, that's a huge bust. Vinny I also consider a bust. He was a finely tuned, precision engineered, INT machine in the NFL, far worse than Jameis ever was. Carson, Vinny and Jameis were all #1 overall picks, and all should be considered busts.

Yellen but he was from ASU I think. He is not good enough to play well for Pitt next year. They need a QB bad

Advertisement
Sam Darnold - Bust
Kody Kessler - Bust
Matt Barkley - Bust
Mark Sanchez - Bust
John David Booty - Bust
Matt Leinart - Bust
Rob Johnson - Bust
Todd Marinovich - Bust

Carson Palmer is nowhere near a bust with the Bengals. He made 3 pro bowls in Cincy. Carson is one of the better QBs of the last 20 years and if he wasn’t hurt such much he might’ve been a hall of famer. Matt Barkley is a career backup and was drafted in a position where Backup QBs are drafted.

Sam Darnold - Bust
Kody Kessler - Bust
Matt Barkley - Bust
Mark Sanchez - Bust
John David Booty - Bust
Matt Leinart - Bust
Rob Johnson - Bust
Todd Marinovich - Bust

Why do you all do this kinda ****? That's over 10 coaching staffs or so. Does Coker get credit for Jim Kelly? Jesus.

I'm sure LR won't be affected by anything John Robinson has done.

Advertisement
Joey Yellen. Was an ASU transfer not USC. Kid looked real good at ASU in the one game he played in, throwing for 4 TD's vs. USC. So far has been underwhelming at Pitt. I'll bet he wins the starting job next year.

Jim Kelly and Bernie both had far better NFL careers than any of the USC QB's listed. Vinny was a notch below Carson Palmer. Steve Walsh and Craig Erickson had better careers than the USC QB's except for Palmer and Sanchez.

For being the #1 overall pick in the draft, he should be considered a bust. TD/INT with Bengals was 154/100. That may be a decent career for a 3rd round pick, but for #1 overall, that's a huge bust. Vinny I also consider a bust. He was a finely tuned, precision engineered, INT machine in the NFL, far worse than Jameis ever was. Carson, Vinny and Jameis were all #1 overall picks, and all should be considered busts.
You can't consider Vinny Testaverde a bust....played 21 seasons in NFL and when he retired was like #6 all time in passing yards...completions and TDs I believe...and like a 3x Probowler....

That is faaaaar from a bust....

A bust is JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Johnny Manziel, Jake Locker, Cade McNown, Todd Blackledge....

Those are bust types...

Last edited:
Bobby Digius just got congalero’d
How many of those QBs listed as "busts" won 10 games and NYD bowls in college?

very fair point about Kelly and kosar.

Advertisement
Back