USC guilts Matt Thomas into sticking with his plan....

Advertisement
Coaches are almost always confident, so you have to take their words with a grain of salt.

However, what sticks out with Thomas is an interview he did at the UA game. Someone asked him about local pressure to go to UM. He said that's all he hears "outside and inside the house." His mom was at practice decked out in Canes gear.

Playing time, location and mom all heavily favor Miami. His head coach has heavy UM ties. Miami is recruiting him the hardest, he speaks with Barrow regularly and he likes the school. It would go against too many truisms for me to predict anyone but the Canes.

That's funny because Langston over at Warchant posted....and I quote "I know everyone believes FSU doesn't have a great relationship there but it's actually quite the contrary. FSU has a solid bond with her so with her calling the shots it's not a bad thing."

just give me these guys to close and I will be thrilled:

Thomas
Kirkland
Collins
Grace
Bostwick
Bryant

Coley would be icing

I agree that to go with Muhammad, Olsen , carter , burns, beau, fig, bond , and olinemen. Would be an A+++++ class.

Coaches are almost always confident, so you have to take their words with a grain of salt.

However, what sticks out with Thomas is an interview he did at the UA game. Someone asked him about local pressure to go to UM. He said that's all he hears "outside and inside the house." His mom was at practice decked out in Canes gear.

Playing time, location and mom all heavily favor Miami. His head coach has heavy UM ties. Miami is recruiting him the hardest, he speaks with Barrow regularly and he likes the school. It would go against too many truisms for me to predict anyone but the Canes.

That's funny because Langston over at Warchant posted....and I quote "I know everyone believes FSU doesn't have a great relationship there but it's actually quite the contrary. FSU has a solid bond with her so with her calling the shots it's not a bad thing."

129.gif

The woman walks around out in the open at All-Star practices with Canes gear on. WTF is wrong with them?

Advertisement
Langston might be worse then Ferman

Been lurking over there.....it's scary. There are some reasonable posters, but the biggest homers by far are the mods. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of mouth breathers, but the mods are the ones that really think they are getting EVERYONE.

Been lurking over there.....it's scary. There are some reasonable posters, but the biggest homers by far are the mods. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of mouth breathers, but the mods are the ones that really think they are getting EVERYONE.

The thing with Langston is that he was a pretty solid and reliable source of info and HS football coverage when he was with FL Varsity. He also did a good job of not letting his bias (FSU) show. But, then he gets hired by Warchant and he goes full on blind homer. He has become the guy who thinks the hottest girl in school likes him because she smiled in his general direction.

Anyone else find it amusing that USC has to "guilt" a SoFl kid into taking a trip? Must be worse there then people think. Their class is going to fall apart.

The thing with Langston is that he was a pretty solid and reliable source of info and HS football coverage when he was with FL Varsity. He also did a good job of not letting his bias (FSU) show. But, then he gets hired by Warchant and he goes full on blind homer. He has become the guy who thinks the hottest girl in school likes him because she smiled in his general direction.

I think he was a nice guy prior to his move to warchant, but his predictions and evaluations were complete poppycock. He never had a clue and he still doesnt.

Advertisement
I don't know if they guilted him. But the kid is being a man and sticking to his word not acting indecisive as most recruits do these days. "IDK where i'm going"(Signing day comes around) "I Wasn't sure until 5mins ago where i would attend college the next for years" You have to be confident as a man. So I respect Thomas as a man for honoring what he told someone he was going to do. You don't go back on your word. But as a fan, i'm extremely disappointed that he isn't visiting this weekend. So Thomas I don't like the choice but I can respect it......just how the old saying goes you don't have to like me but you WILL respect me.

Now ultimately he will be a cane let's get our panties out the bunch.

Deep down I think he comes up with a last minute excuse and bails on USC.

ESPN reporting something about a brawl in the Locker room after the Sun Bowl.

Apparently the Freshmen at USC called the Seniors soft and a melee ensued.

Who would want to play for a coach who's team is so outta control? Is this really the type of team anyone would want to be on?

Advertisement
What some of you guys don't understand is that there still haven't been any in-home visits by Allan Goldman.

When Al Golden steps into Matt Thomas' house wearing a $5,000 suit and starts sweet-talking momma Thomas, it's a wrap. Done. Case closed. C'est fini.

Just picture this scenario - January 28, Jimbob Fister flies down to Miami with his dumbo ears and lands right outside of Thomas' home for his visit. He's wearing some navy slacks he got at JCPenney for 60% off and a tweed jacket from 1980 that doesn't even remotely match his pants. He looks like a ****** idiot. Who the **** wears a tweed jacket and navy pants? And he's wearing a hat; which is shame, because he's covering up the beautiful haircut he just gave himself on Monday. Who needs to pay a barber when you have scissors at home? Then he starts talking. The dog perks his ears up immediately; he can't understand how such a high-pitched tone can come from a human larynx. He starts barking and then they have to put him in the other room. Jimbob then squeaks along for 2 hours, giving the same generic spiel he gave to Alex Collins two nights ago. Matt or his mom can't get a word in edgewise. Satisfied with his peope skills, Jimbob calls it a night at 9:30 after forgetting to compliment Mama Thomas on how good the turkey was, clicks his high heels (I forgot to mention what shoes he'd he wearing - they'll probably be 3 inch heels and red) and then goes off back to Tallahassee thinking it's a wrap. Matt and his mother aren't so sure about this guy. They spend the rest of the night wondering if he's *** or not, eventually deciding "probably."

It's January 30 now. Al Golden has a chauffeur drop him off in a Bentley. He wouldn't be seen dead driving himself to a recruits house like some kind of lowly public school coach. No ****** way. And anyway, dead guys can't drive. Maybe he brings Mario or maybe he's just going solo, depends on the night. He knocks on the door looking like a million bucks. He's wearing an impossibly black suit. Probably cost more than the house he's walking into, but there's no way to know for certain. The leather on his shoes and watch band is the finest in the world, made from the fetus' of Italian cows - it's an old trade secret that the most supple leather comes from the animal before it's born. Jimbob doesn't know that. ****, he's got cloth seats in his Subaru.

Once Al starts talking, it's over. Mama Thomas is thinking of ways to propose to Golden after 5 minutes. Matt's probably doing the same. He's charming them, making them laugh, and using the term "top 40 institution" every fifth sentence. He talks about making Matt a man, giving him an education, preparing him for the real world. Teaching him how to work, be strong, deal with adversity and overcome it. He's so god **** charming, he could take a **** in the middle of the living room while he's talking and nobody would notice or care. He stays for a good 5 or 6 hours, but it seems like no time at all. Matt loves this guy, Mama Thomas loves this guy, and Golden loves them, because that's just the kind of dude he is. It's getting late now, so he better head home. He bids everyone farewell. He shakes Matt's hand and Matt notices that right away the difference between Golden's firm handshake and Jimbob's "my hand is doing it's best impressions of my *****" dead-fish, limpdick handshake.

Golden puts his sunglasses on and walks out of the house with a huge smile on his face. He knows it's only a matter of time before Matt picks up the phone and says, "Coach, I'm ready to be a 'Cane."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Advertisement
Back