Urban

Advertisement
He is a great recruiter but eventually the same thing that happened to him at Florida will happen at OSU. All those 5-stars don't mesh well together. Hopefully it is not after a couple of championships.

Amazing recruiter with rings to show. He's going to murder people in that conference, especially if they get focused Urban and not effed up Urban.

Advertisement
i remember that name..urban was recruiting while at UF last year

I have heard this numerous times. Dude was allowed to be around all kinds of recruits, players, etc while working for ESPN and still getting paid by UiF and have an office. I heard he recruited players and/or would set up meetings with UiF coaches, etc. ******* ridiculous. Plus, now he gets to solely recruit until signing day while Adam Sandler ***** up the bowl game.

I have heard this numerous times. Dude was allowed to be around all kinds of recruits, players, etc while working for ESPN and still getting paid by UiF and have an office. I heard he recruited players and/or would set up meetings with UiF coaches, etc. ******* ridiculous. Plus, now he gets to solely recruit until signing day while Adam Sandler ***** up the bowl game.

what I meant is that Urban was recruiting this while he was a coach at UF and Spence was HS Jr. Meaning they had a relationship prior so it was not exactly three weeks like the OP reported

Yep, most UF fans wished him well until all this BS was revealed, dude is a snake. Just like he called Champ and asked for permission to speak to Marotti when he had been speaking to UF coaches for weeks. Aubrey Hill had already told Champ he had been contacted. But he didn't know and tried to play it off like he was following protocol lol. **** Urban's ***** ***.

Advertisement
Its not really THAT amazing. Randy got Lee Chambers and Robert Marve to change commitments within a week or so of his hiring.

**** Urban did that? **** that's greasy

LOL yea. He contacted Hill who was the recruiting coordinator and offered him the job. That was at the same time he took our behind the scenes guy Pantonni. Then he called Muschamp a few weeks later and asked for permission to speak to Marotti when he had been talking to UF coaches for weeks trying to lure them lol.

Not to mention the guy had an office in the complex. He was putting together a staff as early as May according to some. And kept in contacts with recruits too. Straight dirty.

LOL yea. He contacted Hill who was the recruiting coordinator and offered him the job. That was at the same time he took our behind the scenes guy Pantonni. Then he called Muschamp a few weeks later and asked for permission to speak to Marotti when he had been talking to UF coaches for weeks trying to lure them lol.

Not to mention the guy had an office in the complex. He was putting together a staff as early as May according to some. And kept in contacts with recruits too. Straight dirty.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't mind it if Urban "plucked" Hill away. Our receiving unit was deplorable during his time here, and it looks like he didn't do you guys any favors either...

Advertisement
Do you think we're just cursed at QB? Marve and Jacory were both Mr. Florida in football. They did not suck in high school. Both played for really good programs, and both came here and fizzled. Kyle Wright before them. He was the #1 player in the country. Like all of them he did ok at times, but his career was no where near what any of us expected. We haven't had a leader and consistently good play at QB in a decade.

Its not really THAT amazing. Randy got Lee Chambers and Robert Marve to change commitments within a week or so of his hiring.

Urban is a weasel. He's a weasel who doesn't care how he gets there.

Hope he vapor locks the next time.

And there will be a next time. He doesn't do stress very well for very long.

Advertisement

That has to be some kind of recruitng violation working on kids while you are working for ESPN. This guy is a bigger scum bag than I gave him credit for.

Amazing recruiter with rings to show. He's going to murder people in that conference, especially if they get focused Urban and not effed up Urban.

You know my stance on this guy. Big Ten championship game or not, I think he's going to absolutely own the Big Ten much like Tressel did.

They just got hit with a bowl ban, down to 82 scholarships for three years. Tressel got the "show-cause" deal for five years.

Advertisement
Back